This Greek Pasta Salad is packed with all of my favorites: cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, olives, onions, and of course feta cheese! The simple Greek pasta salad dressing is made fresh with a bit of red wine vinegar and lemon juice so the flavors just pop!
The minute it starts to warm up outside after the long winter, I start planning all of the barbecues I’m going to throw over the summer.
We really get creative and have fun with the sides though!
We have tons of pasta salad recipes that we rotate through and our Greek pasta salad recipe is currently having a moment.
It’s absolutely packed with flavor thanks to the fresh veggies and homemade Greek salad dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the pasta salad:
Pasta – You can use gemelli or rotini pasta in this recipe. Actually, just about any shaped pasta would work, but I like those best for pasta salad. They soak up the dressing well.
Vegetables – You’ll need some sliced English cucumber, diced red bell pepper, halved cherry tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion!
Kalamata Olives – Always popular with Greek recipes! You could also use a different variety of olive here if you want.
Feta Cheese – Some cubed feta cheese is just what this Greek pasta salad needs to bring all the flavors together!
For the salad dressing:
Olive Oil – This traditional Greek salad dressing is a vinaigrette that starts with olive oil. Use the good stuff!
Red Wine Vinegar – A key component for any vinaigrette, it’ll add the perfect amount of tangy flavor to the Greek dressing.
Garlic – Freshly minced garlic will add even more flavor.
Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon is what you’ll want here. It’ll really brings out all the flavors in the dish and helps to brighten it up.
Dijon Mustard – This is another traditional ingredient that you’ll find in most Greek salad dressing recipes.
Seasoning – Some salt, pepper, and dried oregano is all the seasoning this dressing will require. The other ingredients will add plenty of flavor!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- All the wonderful Greek flavors shine in this summer pasta salad.
- The homemade dressing is easy to whip together and you can use it in lots of other recipes too! It’s great over lettuce, as a marinade for chicken, or as a seasoning for roasting veggies.
- This dish is simple to make ahead and feeds a crowd.
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad:
Pasta Salad: Add cooked pasta to a mixing bowl along with sliced cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, slivered onions, kalamatta olives, chunks of bell pepper, and cubes of feta cheese.
Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, oregano, and salt and pepper to make the dressing.
Finish: Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Pop this all into the fridge for an hour to two to let the flavors develop and then dig in!
Pair this with…
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- Crockpot Ribs
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- The Best Turkey Burgers
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Greek Chicken Wings
Add chopped, grilled chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken to your pasta salad along with a little extra dressing and turn it into a quick lunch!
This Greek Pasta Salad should last in the fridge for 3-4 days, depending on how fresh your produce was when adding it to the salad.
You can easily change out the vegetables to suit your tastes, but the basic Greek salad includes cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, kalamatta olives, and feta cheese.
Absolutely! This Greek dressing is perfect drizzled over a green salad.
MORE SUMMER SALAD RECIPES!
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- Amish Macaroni Salad
- Baked Potato Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
For the salad:
- 16 ounces gemeli or rotini pasta
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese cubed
For the dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta water and place pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the remaining pasta salad ingredients to the mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon, vinegar, dijon, oregano, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed before serving.