This Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is perfect for a make-ahead lunch that’s light and healthy. This chicken salad packs in celery, almonds, grapes, and red onion and then gets dressed in a simple Greek yogurt dressing. No mayonnaise in this healthy chicken salad!
With all of the stay at home orders over the past few months, you guys are likely feeling what I’ve dealt with as a homeschooler for years – the lunch madness.
Breakfast is fine.
Dinner is fine.
But lunch? I have to cook A THIRD ENTIRE MEAL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!
Or maybe that’s just me. 😉
Either way, this healthy chicken salad has been a staple for us, because it’s filling and flavorful, without being heavy or unhealthy.
We often hollow out a tomato and stuff the chicken salad inside, but it’s also good as a lettuce wrap or on some sandwich bread.
How to Make:
Add cooked, shredded chicken to a bowl along with chopped celery, red onions, grapes, slivered almonds, and parsley.
Whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper to make the dressing. The lemon and honey are what make this dressing so perfect – don’t skip out!
Pour the dressing over the chicken salad ingredients and stir to combine.
Spoon the Greek yogurt chicken salad into a hollowed out tomato, onto some bibb or romaine lettuce, or between a couple of pieces of sandwich bread. A croissant is always yummy for a chicken salad sandwich, too!
- Cook chicken in a crockpot on low for 4 hours, shred with a fork (or a mixer), and keep in the freezer until you’re ready to use it! We always have shredded chicken on hand.
- Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Place 1-2 pounds of chicken breasts in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, add 1 cup of chicken broth, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes with a natural release.
- Chop leftover grilled chicken into small chunks and use that in this chicken salad recipe!
More chicken salad recipes!
Not quite the chicken salad you were looking for? I have loads more recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Keto Chicken Salad
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup grapes halved
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- 5 ounces Greek yogurt 0% fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Add all of the chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken salad and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.