Our Homemade Pizza Rolls start with crescent dough, keeping the recipe so simple and completely irresistible! Load these up with melty mozzarella and plenty of pepperoni!
We’re big on snacks in my house.
You won’t often find me telling the kids not to spoil their dinner. If they pull out a snack too close to dinner time, I’m probably going to join them and just push dinner back an hour. 😉
I’m basically a toddler with no willpower and I just want to eat snacks all day.
Love that these Homemade Pizza Rolls can double as lunch or a snack! Perfect for serving up to hungry football fans, but they also make a perfectly acceptable lunch.
Cheesy to the max, loaded with spicy pepperoni, and it’s all wrapped up in buttery crescent roll dough! We dip these guys in pizza sauce to complete the pizza vibe.
Are these Pizza Rolls or Pepperoni Rolls?
I think they’re both since we are serving them with some pizza sauce for dipping. Technically they are more like pepperoni rolls since the sauce is not going into the rolls like the store bought pizza rolls would have.
So you can call them whatever you want. Pizza rolls, or pepperoni rolls. They’re just as good either way!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 4 mozzarella string cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles.
- Place 4 slices of pepperoni along the wide part of the crescent dough. Place half of a string cheese in the center of the pepperoni and roll the dough up as you normally would. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Finely mince the garlic and stir into the butter along with the parsley and onion powder. Spoon over the crescent rolls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot, with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Tips & Notes:
Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ingredients:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crescent Roll Dough – It’s quick and easy! One package of crescent roll dough should be enough to make 8 homemade pizza rolls.
Pepperoni – You can use packaged slices of pepperoni, like you’d use on pizza, or you can use deli sliced pepperoni, like you’d use on a sandwich. Both work great!
Mozzarella – You’ll use some mozzarella string cheese to load the pizza rolls up with all that melty cheesy goodness.
Garlic Butter Sauce – You’ll prepare a simple sauce for adding flavor to the homemade pizza rolls prepared from melted butter, minced garlic, dried parsley, and onion powder.
Pizza Sauce – Warm this up and serve it on the side for dipping!
What We Love About PEPPERONI PIZZA ROLLS:
- Easy: This pizza roll recipe is so simple! Crescent roll dough, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese sticks. What could be simpler than that? The garlic butter sauce is quick and easy to prepare too.
- Dipping: These pizza rolls are perfect for dipping!
- Melty & Gooey: We’re obsessed with fried mozzarella sticks and this has that same vibe with the most glorious cheese pulls!
- Kid-Friendly: Whether you’re serving these to kids or letting the kids help in the kitchen, these are a great option.
How to Make Pizza Rolls:
Assemble: Unroll the crescent dough and separate it along the perforations to make 8 triangles. Place 4 pieces of pepperoni along the wider end of the dough and top that with half of a stick of string cheese.
Roll: Once you’ve piled on the pepperoni and cheese roll them up and ogle them. They look irresistible already.
Garlic Butter Sauce: Top ’em with a simple garlic butter. It’s the right thing to do. Melt some butter and stir in minced garlic, onion powder, and parsley and drizzle over the pizza rolls.
Bake: After rolling and topping with garlic butter place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pizza rolls are golden brown and melty!
Serve: You’re definitely going to want to serve these homemade pizza rolls while they’re still good and hot from the oven! And don’t forget to dip ’em in some pizza sauce!
You can keep any leftover pizza rolls stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. They can be reheated in the oven or the air fryer for about 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees.
Sure! You can use pretty much any pizza topping that you could fit into one of these rolls. Olives, bacon bits, onion, and sausage would all work, just be careful not to overfill the rolls.
These work great in the air fryer! Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and cooked through.
MORE HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPES!
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Breakfast Pizza
- Mac and Cheese Pizza
- Air Fryer Pizza
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza