This TORTELLINI ALFREDO is a home run every time! It’s super quick to throw together with my 3 ingredient homemade Alfredo sauce and the cheese tortellini just makes this dish so cheesy and perfect.
If you know me at all, then you know my motto – if some is good, then more is better.
I mean, that applies in just about every instance, right?
Take cheese for example. If some cheese is good, then more cheese is better. <– Fact.
I am, of course, all about a cheesy pasta dish. I mean, have you seen my creamy baked spaghetti? There’s so much cheesy goodness in that dish that it’s almost illegal.
So, I decided that it was high time we took my Alfredo sauce up a notch. I mean, I love the classic chicken alfredo version. It’s delightful.
But, what if we swap out the fettucini for some cheese tortellini instead? I mean, that could only be a good thing right?
How to make easy Alfredo sauce:
You’d never believe Alfredo sauce was this easy, but check this out…
You’ll melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan and then add in a little garlic and heavy cream.
Once that’s good and hot, dump in some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Whisk the cheese into the hot cream sauce until it’s melted.
That’s it, friends. You just made Alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper and you’re good to go!
This dish is ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish. I serve this to my kiddos for lunch sometimes when we’re sick of sandwiches and need something new.
It also makes a great dinner for a busy weeknight. Serve alongside some salad or steamed broccoli and you’re good to go.
- 20 ounces refrigerated tortellini any variety
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- While tortellini is cooking, prepare the Alfredo sauce. Add the butter to a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and garlic until heated through.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Drain the tortellini and add to a bowl with the Alfredo sauce. Stir to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.