SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF is the comfort food recipe you didn’t know you needed! So simple to toss together and it comes out so creamy. My family loves crockpot meals like this.
I’ve been on a major crockpot kick lately, if you hadn’t noticed.
Things have been so busy around our house lately and the slow cooker is just always the thing to save the day.
I know so many people grew up eating beef stroganoff, but my mama is not a fan of casseroles, so I’d never actually had it until I was an adult. I sure missed out. 😉
Is there anything better than tender beef, savory mushrooms, creamy sauce, and egg noodles? No there is not!
How to make crock pot beef stroganoff:
This recipe starts by browning some stew meat in a bit of oil in a large skillet. I like to use my cast iron skillet for this since it gives the meat such a great sear.
You’ll need to work in batches while browning the meat to avoid overcrowding. If you overcrowd the meat, it will steam rather than get nice and browned.
Once the meat is all browned and seasoned, add it to a crockpot.
Dump some mushrooms, onions, and garlic into the hot skillet you used for the beef and let those cook for a bit to soften them.
Add the veggies to the beef and then stir in some cream of mushroom soup.
Not interested in using canned cream of mushroom soup? No problem! Use my cream of chicken soup substitute instead. No funky ingredients and super simple.
Let this cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until the beef is nice and tender. Every crockpot cooks differently and some are faster than others!
Once the beef is nice and tender, add a bit of cream cheese and sour cream and stir it around until it creates a nice creamy sauce.
Stir in some cooked egg noodles and top it all off with fresh parsley!
That’s all there is to it!
This crock pot beef stroganoff recipe comes together with minimal hands on time and it tastes like pure comfort food!
More crockpot favorites:
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy: Serve over mashed potatoes!
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese: I make this for every holiday.
Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops: Simple and so tasty.
Slow Cooker Ribs: So tender and juicy!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken: Perfect for making sandwiches.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings: Just a handful of ingredients!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Season the stew beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet, such as cast iron, over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan.
- When the oil is shimmering, add a single layer of stew meat to the pan. Brown on all sides. Add worcestershire sauce and stir to season all of the beef before transferring browned meat to a 5-6 quart slow cooker. You may need to work in batches to brown all of the meat, adding more oil between each batch if necessary.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the vegetables to the crockpot with the meat.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup to the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker and stir until it has melted.
- Stir in the sour cream until well combined and then add the cooked egg noodles and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.