This ultra creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff recipe is made with tender, slow cooked chicken and mushrooms in a creamy and savory stroganoff sauce! Just 15 minutes of prep and the slow cooker does the rest of the work for you!
Give me a warm bowl of creamy pasta any night of the week and I’m a happy camper. Especially if it just took me 10 minutes of hands on time!
This creamy, warm, cozy, comforting casserole is a favorite in our house – loaded with chunks of chicken, fresh mushrooms, and tender egg noodles all in a rich, savory sauce.
Hard to go wrong with a classic like this on your table! Especially considering the crockpot makes it so simple to toss together!
Chicken – We use boneless, skinless breasts, but thighs are a great choice if you prefer dark meat.
Mushrooms – Sliced white mushrooms are perfect in this dish.
Stroganoff Sauce – You’ll mix together cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and a packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning to make the creamy, flavorful sauce.
Egg Noodles – I’m using dried egg noodles in this recipe and cooking per the package instructions. Fresh or frozen egg noodles would also work but you’d need to adjust for the cooking time!
In the market for a new slow cooker? We love this 7 quart Crockpot. It’s simple to use, cooks evenly, and is very budget friendly. Plus, it has a 4 1/2 star rating with over 5,000 reviews on Amazon!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff:
Chicken & Mushrooms: To get started you’ll need to add the chicken breast along with the sliced mushrooms to the crockpot. Simple!
Stroganoff Sauce: To prepare the sauce, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, and sour cream in a mixing bowl along with the packet of Italian dressing seasoning. Spread that right over the chicken and mushrooms.
Slow Cook: Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Shred: You’ll know this slow cooker chicken stroganoff is done when the chicken easily shreds with a fork. Shred all that tender, juicy chicken up in the crockpot (leaving it as chunky or as shredded as you like) and then stir it all together with the creamy stroganoff sauce!
Now is a great time to make the egg noodles! You can leave the crockpot chicken stroganoff on warm while the noodles boil so you can serve it good and hot when the pasta is ready!
Combine: Pour the drained noodles right into the crockpot and give it a stir. We like to top this crockpot chicken stroganoff with some parsley and serve it hot!
In America, stroganoff is a sauce generally made with mushrooms and sour cream. We’ve made ours extra creamy by adding in cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup as well as seasoning it heavily with Italian dressing mix.
This dish will last well in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
MORE CREAMY CROCKPOT RECIPES!
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Crockpot Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops
- Crack Chicken Soup
- Cream Cheese Corn
- Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 21 ounces canned cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix this is the packet used to make Italian dressing
- 1 pound dried egg noodles cooked according to package directions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Add chicken breasts and mushrooms to a slow cooker.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, sour cream, and Italian dressing to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken easily shreds apart with a fork. Once ready to serve, boil the egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Shred the chicken and stir to combine with the sauce. Stir in the cooked egg noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.