Crockpot chicken and gravy is a simple comfort food favorite in our house! Toss everything into your slow cooker and walk away. The gravy makes itself in the slow cooker and the chicken turns out so juicy and tender.
We love cozy crockpot meals, especially when they’re as easy as this crockpot chicken and gravy – made with just 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes of prep!
This recipe reminds me a bit of our creamy crockpot chicken and noodles – just without the noodles! It’s tender, shredded chicken floating in a rich gravy. The whole dish is just begging to be served over a pile of our Instant Pot mashed potatoes or some Amish egg noodles!
This crockpot chicken and gravy definitely qualifies as comfort food and it’s one of the easiest things ever to make! You’re going to love the creamy garlic gravy and tender chicken. This one is hard to beat!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe calls for just 5 ingredients:
Chicken – I’m using boneless, skinless chicken breasts – but chicken thighs would also work, if you prefer them!
Cream of Chicken Soup – You can use the canned kind or follow the link to try out my substitute cream of chicken soup recipe! It’s so much better than the canned kind and you can use it in lots of recipes.
Chicken Gravy Mix – This is found with the chili, taco, and gravy mixes and sold in a packet.
Garlic – Mince your own or use the kind in a jar.
Parsley – Fresh chopped parsley brightens it up.
What Readers are Saying!
Made this tonight for dinner. So easy! 5 mins prep, 4 hours on high, chicken was fall apart tender. Served over mashed potatoes with peas on the side. Family loooovvvveeed it!! Total comfort food!!!
In the market for a new slow cooker? We love this 7 quart Crockpot. It’s simple to use, cooks evenly, and is very budget friendly. Plus, it has a 4 1/2 star rating with over 5,000 reviews on Amazon!
How To Make Chicken & Gravy in the Crockpot:
Combine: Add the cream of chicken soup, a packet of chicken gravy mix, and a bunch of minced garlic to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Top: Place the chicken in the crockpot and spread the cream of chicken mixture over the top.
Slow Cook: Cover your slow cooker and turn to high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours. Shred the chicken or serve it in whole pieces.
- You may substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts, if you prefer.
- Every slow cooker cooks differently – some run hotter than others. This slow cooker chicken and gravy recipe will cook on low in about 5 hours or on high in 3 hours in most slow cookers.
- When the chicken shreds easily, it’s done!
Serve: This slow cooker chicken and gravy is shown over a pile of mashed potatoes and that’s our favorite way to serve it. You can also serve this over our rice pilaf!
Dress it Up!
This recipe is simple and perfect just as it is, but feel free to get creative and mix in mushrooms, peas, or carrots for some extra nutrition.
You sure can. After adding your seasonings and a couple of cans of cream of chicken soup, cover your slow cooker and turn to high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
There is no need to flip your chicken over in a slow cooker. It will cook tender and evenly while you carry on with the other tasks of your day!
This is not a requirement for a chicken and gravy recipe. Some people like to sear it before putting it in a crockpot to try and keep the meat more tender. For our recipe, the speed we cook at, as well as the gravy ingredients, will keep the chicken plenty tender!
If you have leftover crockpot chicken and gravy you can keep it stored in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4-5 days.
MORE SLOW COOKER FAVORITES!
- Mississippi Chicken: Another toss and go chicken recipe!
- French Dip Sandwich: The single most popular recipe on my site!! With good reason! 🙂
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken: Move over pulled pork, chicken is on the menu tonight!
- Crock Pot Ribs: You won’t believe how easy ribs are when you toss them in the slow cooker!
- Keto Ribs: These crock pot ribs are made with a low carb sauce!
- Crockpot Apple Butter: Perfect for spreading on some toast!
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes: A family favorite classic recipe!
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10.5 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet chicken gravy mix
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Add the chicken to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, and garlic.
- Spread the cream soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks. Stir the meat into the gravy mixture.
- Add the parsley and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Serve chicken spooned over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.
Tips & Notes:
This recipe was originally published in January 2019. It was updated with new photos in January 2023. Original photo below.