Crockpot chicken and gravy is a simple comfort food favorite in our house! Toss everything into your slow cooker and walk away. The gravy makes itself in the slow cooker and the chicken turns out so juicy and tender. Big thanks to Bob Evans for sponsoring this post.
This time of year demands cozy fires and crockpots full of comfort food.
Am I right?
I get so sad towards the middle of winter, wondering if summer will ever show up again.
And then I bust out my crockpot and all is right in my world again. Slow cooker recipes make me happy – they’re cozy and warm and comforting.
This crockpot chicken and gravy definitely qualifies as comfort food and it’s one of the easiest things ever to make! You’re going to love the creamy garlic gravy, the tender chicken, and best of all – the dreamy mashed potatoes you serve this over.
I partnered with Bob Evans again this year to share new recipes featuring their refrigerated mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.
Both products are ones that I keep on hand in my kitchen at all times. They taste homemade, they take less than 10 minutes to get on the table, and my family loves them. The mashed potatoes are perfect with this easy crockpot chicken.
How to make my crockpot chicken and gravy recipe:
To start, you’ll need a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
Add your chicken breasts to the slow cooker along with a couple cans of cream of chicken soup (or use my substitute for cream of chicken soup), a packet of chicken gravy mix, and a bunch of minced garlic.
Cover your slow cooker and walk away.
When the chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, shred the chicken with two forks.
Stir in some freshly chopped parsley and cracked pepper.
Dinner is almost done!
Grab your package of Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes, peel back the plastic, and microwave.
Heap some mashed potatoes on your plate and top them off with a couple spoonfuls of this chicken and gravy.
My family devours this recipe and always asks me to make it again soon. It really tastes amazing, but it’s just about the easiest thing ever. I hope you’ll give it a try too!
Tips & Tricks:
You may substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts, if you prefer.
Every slow cooker cooks differently – some run hotter than others. This crockpot chicken and gravy recipe will cook on low in 6-8 hours or on high in 3-4 hours in most slow cookers.
More slow cooker favorites:
Mississippi Chicken: Another toss and go chicken recipe!
French Dip Sandwich: The single most popular recipe on my site!! With good reason! 🙂
Crockpot BBQ Chicken: Move over pulled pork, chicken is on the menu tonight!
Crock Pot Ribs: You won’t believe how easy ribs are when you toss them in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Garlic Gravy
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10.5 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet chicken gravy mix
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 24 ounces each Bob Evan’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Add the chicken to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, and garlic.
- Spread the cream soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks. Stir the meat into the gravy mixture.
- Add the parsley and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Heat Bob Evan’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions.
- Spoon chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes and serve immediately.