Crockpot chicken and gravy is a simple comfort food favorite in our house! Toss everything into your slow cooker and walk away. The gravy makes itself in the slow cooker and the chicken turns out so juicy and tender.
This time of year demands cozy fires and crockpots full of comfort food.
Am I right?
I get so sad towards the middle of winter, wondering if summer will ever show up again.
And then I bust out my crockpot and all is right in my world again. Slow cooker recipes make me happy – they’re cozy and warm and comforting.
This crockpot chicken and gravy definitely qualifies as comfort food and it’s one of the easiest things ever to make! You’re going to love the creamy garlic gravy, the tender chicken, and best of all – the dreamy mashed potatoes you serve this over.
This recipe calls for just 5 ingredients:
Chicken Breasts – thighs should also work, if preferred.
Cream of Chicken Soup – you can use the cans or or use my substitute for cream of chicken soup
Chicken Gravy Mix – This is found with the chili, taco, and gravy mixes and sold in a packet.
Garlic – Mince your own or use the kind in a jar.
Parsley – Fresh chopped parsley brightens it up.
What Readers are Saying!
“I used your recipe to make the soup and this was a hit! My daughters don’t like canned cream soups – thanks for sharing a great substitute!”
How To Make Crockpot Chicken & Gravy:
Combine: Add your chicken breasts to the slow cooker along with a couple cans of cream of chicken soup, a packet of chicken gravy mix, and a bunch of minced garlic.
Slow Cook: Cover your slow cooker and turn to high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- You may substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts, if you prefer.
- Every slow cooker cooks differently – some run hotter than others. This crockpot chicken and gravy recipe will cook on low in about 5 hours or on high in 3 hours in most slow cookers.
- When the chicken shreds easily, it’s done!
Shred: When the chicken has finished cooking, shred it with a pair of forks and stir it together the meat together with the gravy mixture until it is well coated. Stir in some freshly chopped parsley and cracked pepper.
Alternately, use a hand mixer to shred the chicken quickly. Just pop it right in the slow cooker and turn it to low.
Dress it Up!
This recipe is simple and perfect just as it is, but feel free to get creative and mix in mushrooms, peas, or carrots for some extra nutrition.
More Slow Cooker Favorites:
Mississippi Chicken: Another toss and go chicken recipe!
French Dip Sandwich: The single most popular recipe on my site!! With good reason! 🙂
Crockpot BBQ Chicken: Move over pulled pork, chicken is on the menu tonight!
Crock Pot Ribs: You won’t believe how easy ribs are when you toss them in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10.5 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet chicken gravy mix
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Add the chicken to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, and garlic.
- Spread the cream soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks. Stir the meat into the gravy mixture.
- Add the parsley and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Serve chicken spooned over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.