This vegetable salad recipe is quick and easy to make and full of flavor with lots of fresh veggies and a simple homemade dressing.
Summer is a favorite for many reasons – and one of them is all of the cool, refreshing side dishes that we serve up at dinner!
I’m a sucker for a cold salad, though I do admittedly go the potato salad or pasta salad route. Have you tried my Amish macaroni salad or my loaded baked potato salad? They’re definite summer staples!
But, sometimes you just need something cool, refreshing, light, and healthy.
Enter this vegetable salad!
Crisp, crunchy veggies + a simple homemade salad makes for a delightfully refreshing side dish on a hot night.
Ingredients for the salad:
Cucumbers – We prefer English cucumbers for their thinner skin and less bitter flavor.
Bell Pepper – Any color you prefer works well.
Crumbled Feta – This adds a salty punch of flavor, but you can sub with any cheese you prefer.
Ingredients for the dressing:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Juice – We prefer freshly squeezed for the best flavor.
Garlic – Mince or press the garlic.
Salt & Pepper
How to Make:
Veggies: Aside from the chopping, there really isn’t a lot of work involved in making a salad! Once you’ve diced the veggies, add them all to a large bowl along with the feta cheese and the parsley. Easy!
Dressing: This homemade salad dressing uses a few simple ingredients but adds a ton of flavor to this vegetable salad! Using a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano.
If you like things extra lemon-y and vibrant, add additional lemon juice until you’re happy with the dressing.
Serve: Top the vegetable salad with the dressing and toss to combine. For best results and flavor resist eating the salad right away and instead refrigerate it for two hours before serving so that the veggies can soak up the dressing.
- You can store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- This salad is easy to customize! Swap the cherry tomatoes for diced tomatoes, use yellow onion instead of red, chop up the mini sweet peppers instead of a green pepper. Feel free to mix it up and add or replace ingredients!
Add grilled chicken (we love this chicken soulvaki) to a pita along with some tzatziki and a scoop of this vegetable salad. You have a fresh and flavorful chicken sandwich!
More summer salads!
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Pineapple Pretzel Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Cucumber Salad with Mayo
For the salad:
- 2 English cucumbers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
To make the salad:
- Dice the cucumbers, peppers, and red onion. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Chop the parsley.
- Add all of the vegetables to a large mixing bowl along with the feta.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow the vegetables to soak up the flavors of the dressing.