Two favorites in one! This DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD has all of the flavors of a deviled egg paired with creamy potato salad. This recipe is perfect for taking to the next barbecue or potluck!
My husband has always been a huge fan of deviled eggs.
I’ve always loved potato salad.
It seemed only right that I marry the two so that we could both have our favorite foods in one!
This deviled egg potato salad is packing all that deviled egg flavor right into a potato salad. Your guests won’t be able to resist this salad at the next barbecue!
How to Make:
Peel, dice, and boil poatoes.
Make deviled egg filling with egg yolks and chop the whites to add to the potatoes.
Pour the deviled egg filling over the potatoes and egg whites and combine!
What type of potatoes to use:
We almost always use Yukon Gold potatoes in our potato salad. They’re less starchy than other types of potatoes and they hold up well.
That said, any potato you have on hand should work here.
Potato Salad Storage:
This potato salad does contain mayonnaise and eggs, so you’ll want to keep it chilled. Don’t let your potato salad sit out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
Store this tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Make this in advance!
- Potato salad is best served cold.
- Making in advance allows the flavors to shine.
Mix it up!
Already have a favorite deviled egg recipe? It should work great here – just be sure to use 6 eggs and double or even triple the rest of the ingredients so you have plenty of dressing to coat the potatoes.
We often change things up in this recipe by adding crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, or green onions.
Don’t forget to garnish with paprika!
Make It a Meal!
Serve this alongside…
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 3 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Sweet paprika for garnish
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat and cook until fork tender, about 13 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well and set aside.
- Slice the eggs in half and place the yolks in a small bowl. Chop the whites and add to the potatoes along with the pickles.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper to the egg yolks and mash together with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Pour the yolk mixture over the potatoes and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the salad to get cold.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.