The Best Turkey Burgers
I’m about to share all of my secrets for grilling up the best turkey burgers! So juicy and flavorful!
We’re on year two of our swimming pool and I have to tell you – I love it just as much as when we had it put in last year.
I was really worried that I’d get bored of going outside to float away my afternoons after the first summer, but who was I kidding? I live for napping in the pool. It’s the most relaxing thing I ever do, if we’re being honest.
My kids still enjoy it too, thankfully! My daughter especially loves it!
Every time we get in the pool, about 30 minutes in she starts asking us to fire up the grill. She totally associates swimming with grilled burgers and hot dogs and I don’t even think it matters if she’s hungry or not. She just has to have some grilled meat if she’s going to swim. Kids are funny.
I do love a good burger, though.
I don’t want to brag, but I seriously make the best turkey burgers. They are so juicy – not at all dry or boring!
I love mine topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and lots of avocado slices. Slather on a little mayo and you’re good to go.
Some swiss cheese or provolone melted over the top doesn’t hurt things either, but they’re just as good without the cheese!
Tips for making the best turkey burgers:
- Use butter crackers and an egg as the binder! The crackers hold on to the moisture and the mixture keeps the turkey from falling apart on the grill.
- Keep it simple and let the flavor of the meat shine. Season with seasoned salt.
- Use 85/15 turkey instead of a more lean mix. The extra fat keeps your burgers from drying out.
- Smoosh that burger between a fabulous bun. I like brioche and I always grill them first!
Be sure to give these burgers a try.
The Best Turkey Burgers
I'm about to share all of my secrets for grilling up the best turkey burgers! So juicy and flavorful!
- 1 pound ground turkey 85% lean
- 1 cup butter cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- Cheese if desired
- Tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, avocado, mayo for topping
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees over medium heat.
Add the ground turkey, cracker crumbs, egg, chives, and seasoned salt to a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine the mixture. Shape into 4 patties.
Place on the grill and cook for 6 minutes per side.
Remove from the grill and place on a plate and cover tightly with foil while you grill the buns.
Spread the buns with butter and place butter side down on the hot grill. Grill for 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
Assemble the burgers and top with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on bunsinmyoven.com should only be used as a general guideline.