TURKEY TETRAZZINI is a creamy casserole loaded with leftover turkey, fresh mushrooms, and cheese. This is one of the best leftover turkey recipes that we make year after year.
Thanksgiving is upon us and that means one thing: ALL THE LEFTOVER TURKEY. It’s here and it needs to be used up before it goes bad.
It used to stress me out every Black Friday…I have all this turkey and I feel such pressure to use it. Can you relate?
One of them is obviously a sandwich made with leftover rolls, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and whatever other goodies we might want to shove on there. You can’t go wrong with that.
This easy turkey tetrazzini is absolutely packed with creamy, cheesy goodness, fresh mushrooms, and of course…turkey. We love it and I bet you will too!
Did I mention that it’s ready to go in about 40 minutes? I love when comfort food comes together fast!
How to make this turkey tetrazzini recipe:
To start, you’ll want to saute some fresh mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a bit of butter. Your house is going to smell divine.
Add the veggies to a large mixing bowl with some cooked egg noodles, leftover turkey, cream of celery soup, and sour cream. Season it up with salt and pepper.
Spread this creamy goodness into a baking dish and top it off with a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan.
This casserole bakes in about 25 minutes. It’ll come out hot, cheesy, bubbly, and delicious.
We sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving…parsley, basil, dill, whatever I have on hand really works great here.
- Turkey: Make this recipe all year long using cooked, chopped chicken in place of the turkey!
- Cream of Celery: Use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken, if you prefer. You can even use my homemade substitute for cream of chicken soup, if you don’t like the canned goop.
- Dried Egg Noodles: Use the frozen variety, if you like the thicker cut! You can even swap in macaroni or penne.
More family favorite casserole recipes:
Dorito Casserole: Chips for dinner!
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole: Loaded with bacon and cheddar!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole: Layers of tortillas and chicken!
Keto Breakfast Casserole: Perfect way to start the day!
Tater Tot Casserole: A classic!
Taco Casserole: This one is a fun twist for taco night!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Boil the pasta 1 minute less than package directions state.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat to melt. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the vegetables to a large mixing bowl along with the cooked and drained egg noodles.
- Stir in the turkey, soup, sour cream, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into the prepared 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.