This LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD is a great side dish at any potluck or barbecue! Cheddar, bacon, and sour cream work to make this cold potato salad taste like a loaded baked potato!
I think you all know of my never-ending love of bacon and cheese, but just in case: I love bacon and cheese, forever and ever, Amen.
I mean, let’s be real. Who doesn’t?? Vegans. And that’s probably the end of the list.
So, I took regular old potato salad and turned it into this loaded baked potato salad. You guys are going to love all of the flavors going on in here!
We even have a low carb cauliflower potato salad!
Baking Potatoes – We’re using the giant baking potatoes here.
Dressing – This is made with a mix of mayo (for creaminess), sour cream, vinegar, and salt and pepper. It’s delicious!
Toppings – We’re mixing in the usual baked potato toppings here…cheddar, bacon, and chives!
How To Make Potato Salad:
Bake: Traditionally, a potato salad recipe starts with boiled potatoes, but this is a baked potato salad, so we’re going to pop our potatoes in the oven!
Wash the potatoes well, prick them with a fork, and bake for around an hour or until they’re nice and soft.
Want your potatoes even faster? Make these air fryer baked potatoes. Ready in half the time!
Mix: Dice up the baked potatoes and toss them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
You’ll need cheddar, bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream, and green onions or chives plus some salt and pepper, to taste. This is a creamy potato salad recipe!
Chill: Stir it all up and pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours so that the flavors can all meld together.
Give this a good stir and an extra sprinkle of cheddar and green onions before serving. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Insert a butter knife through the center of the potato. It should slip in easily without much resistance. The internal temperature should be around 210 degrees.
We are big fans of mayo in potato salad, and while it’s not a traditional ingredient in a baked potato, we think it still works here. We’ve cut it with sour cream and it just adds a balanced creaminess to the dressing. Feel free to swap for more sour cream if you prefer.
What to serve with loaded baked potato salad:
French Dip Sandwich: This one is made in the crockpot and it’s so easy!
Grilled BBQ Chicken: You’ve gotta try this simple barbecue sauce!
Cheeseburger Meatloaf: One of my favorite recipes!
Animal Style Cheeseburger: You seriously have to try these!
Crockpot Ribs: The most tender ribs ever!
More Summer Salad Recipes!
- Summer Corn Salad
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Cucumber Salad with Mayo
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
Baked Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prick potatoes with a fork. Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- When cool enough to handle, chop potatoes into bite sized chunks. Place in refrigerator until chilled through, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the potatoes, coating each piece with the mayo mixture. Garnish with a sprinkling of chives or green onions.
- Return to refrigerator for at least one hour and serve cold.