Classic macaroni salad, as made by my mama! This is so stinkin’ good! We eat it all summer long, any time we have a cook out!
Alright, friends. Summer is basically here. I mean, no, it’s not a consistent 96 degrees in my neighborhood yet, but it’s inching up there. It’s close enough, is what I’m saying.
Summer means macaroni salad! My mama’s macaroni salad recipe, to be precise. I love this stuff.
It’s a pretty classic recipe, I believe. Loaded with cold macaroni noodles, mayo, minced onion, boiled eggs, and plenty of green olives. The green olives in this macaroni salad are just phenomenal! They add the perfect briny burst of flavor against the mayo.
Now, I know that green olives aren’t everyone’s favorite thing. But man, they’re really good in here.
Combined with the pasta and mayo they get toned down enough that a lot of people who normally don’t like them will devour them in this salad!
My mom has plenty of summer side dishes that she makes for cook outs, but this one is definitely a favorite of mine! It goes great with my low carb meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, or some grilled chicken with white BBQ sauce.
You’re going to love how quick and easy it is to prepare this. I do like to let the salad chill out in the fridge for a bit after it’s been mixed. This lets the mayo really soak into the noodles and make everything delicious. Just give it a stir before you serve and add an extra spoonful of mayo if it’s gotten too dry.
If you try this easy macaroni salad, let me know what you think! I bet it’ll be a hit!
Try my Italian pasta salad too!
Classic Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound macaroni cooked and cooled
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 10 ounces sliced green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place macaroni in large bowl.
- Chop eggs into small pieces and mince the onion. Add to the macaroni.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Stir well and add to the macaroni with the green olives.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Stir before serving. Add an extra spoonful of mayonnaise before serving if macaroni seems too dry.