This teriyaki chicken marinade is a summer favorite in our house! So easy and it really makes juicy, flavorful chicken!
Curious to know…are you a hardcore griller or not so much?
By ‘hardcore’ I mean, are you out in the snow grilling up chicken all year long or do you save it for nice weather?
I totally admit that we save the grill for decent weather. I might grill out when it’s chilly, but if there is snow on the ground? Heck no. Not happening.
Which means that when warm weather rolls around, I am READY. TO. GO. Bring on the grilling!
This teriyaki chicken marinade is a favorite in our house. It is super easy for me to mix up and then the chicken soaks up so much flavor and comes out so juicy and perfect every time.
Grilled teriyaki chicken for the win!
How to make teriyaki chicken:
For this easy teriyaki chicken recipe, you’ll want to whisk together soy sauce, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and onion powder.
Basic ingredients that any well-stocked kitchen should have!
You can also whisk in some red pepper flakes or sriracha, if you want to give this a little kick. My kiddos prefer the teriyaki chicken marinade without the heat though.
Pour the marinade over some chicken breasts or thighs and let that sit for a couple of hours in the fridge.
Heat the grill, pop on the chicken, and boom. Grilled teriyaki chicken for dinner!
More summer recipes below!
Watermelon Mint Salad: So refreshing and really easy!
Balsamic Chicken: So much flavor in this juicy grilled chicken!
Pineapple Coleslaw: Pineapple adds a great flavor to this slaw.
Cucumber Salad: One of my favorite summer side dishes!
Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Add the soy sauce, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and onion powder to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in a large dish and pour the marinade over the top. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably 4-8 hours.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat, 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Leave a Review