As usual, I’m a day late and a dollar short.
The entire month of April was grilled cheese month. Aaaaand here I am. The middle of May. Sharing a grilled cheese recipe.
I’m a total failure at this food blogging thing. I thought about saving this recipe for next April, but decided against it for two reasons.
Number 1: I’m disorganized and would probably forget all about it and it would live it’s life in secrecy on my hard drive.
Number 2: This is one of my new favorite lunches and I didn’t want you to have to wait a year for it.
Let’s make that three reasons. Number 3: I like to enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches all year long, so there, take THAT, April.
This sandwich is so simple, that’s I almost didn’t share it at all. But, see above regarding it being a new favorite. So much flavor! The crunchy bread, the melty cheese, the spicy chicken. It has all the things I love and it takes about zero seconds to throw together.
Don’t be a weirdo like me and drizzle your sandwich with ranch dressing. That’s just messy and ridiculous. Dip it like a normal person. I just thought the ranch drizzle was pretty. See also: I’m a weirdo. And probably a bad influence.
Now, go forth and eat spicy sandwiches!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 4 thick slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Ranch for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken in the buffalo sauce to coat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place two slices butter side down on the skillet. Top each with half of the cheddar, followed by the chicken mixture, and then the mozzarella. Place the remaining slices of bread on top, butter side up.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown (adjust heat if this is happening too quickly - you need time for the cheese to melt) and carefully flip. Continue cooking until cheese is melted and bottom is golden.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Leave a Review