Balsamic chicken packs a major punch of flavor! Use this chicken marinade for grilling out or cook the chicken up on the stove. Either way, this juicy chicken is always delicious.
I’ve been on a big chicken kick lately, but I think I’ve maybe started over-chicken-ing my family.
Do you ever have that issue?
Well, I’m happy to say that this balsamic chicken is always a hit, no matter how much chicken we’ve eaten lately.
It’s absolutely BURSTING with juicy balsamic flavor. I also sneak some honey and garlic in the balsamic chicken marinade and it’s just so good.
Plus, it’s good for those days when you have no idea what’s for dinner, because the chicken only needs to sit in the marinade for about 20 minutes. Winning!
How to make balsamic chicken marinade:
To start, you’ll want to grab a good bottle of balsamic vinegar. You can use any brand you like, but if you’re looking for one to try, I’d recommend this bottle.
Mix the balsamic vinegar with some chicken broth, honey, minced garlic, and a little olive oil.
Toss in some Italian seasoning as well. So much flavor!
Stir this mixture well and then pour 3/4 of the mixture over some chicken breasts.
How to make this honey balsamic chicken on the stove top:
If you’re cooking indoors on the stove, just grab a heavy bottomed pan and heat it over medium heat.
I’ll always choose cast iron and this skillet is my favorite. It’s large enough to fit 4 pieces of chicken and it will last forever.
Drizzle your skillet with a little oil and then add in your chicken breasts.
Cook the chicken about 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Take the reserved marinade mixture and add it to the hot pan with the chicken.
Let that sauce come to a boil and thicken up a bit and coat your chicken with the sauce.
You’re ready to serve!
How to make balsamic grilled chicken:
Fire up the grill to around 350 degrees.
Place your chicken on the grill and baste with the reserved sauce throughout the cooking process.
Cook the chicken on the grill for about 6 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once your chicken is cooked through, you’re ready to devour!
What to serve with this balsamic chicken recipe:
Italian Pasta Salad: This one is packed with goodies and my homemade dressing is so good!
Cucumber Salad: Cool, crisp, refreshing, and beyond easy.
Jiffy Corn Casserole: Personally, I think this dish goes well with anything. It’s a favorite.
Roasted Vegetables: So simple and healthy!
Blackberry Cobbler: The perfect dessert for just about any meal.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts about 5 ounces each
- Add the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, honey, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Place the chicken in a shallow container and drizzle 3/4 of the marinade over the chicken, reserving the remaining marinade for cooking.
- Marinate chicken for 20-30 minutes.
To make this on the stove
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat until hot. Drizzle the pan with olive oil and heat until it shimmers.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 6 minutes per side or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet and let come to a boil. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
To make this on the grill
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade as it cooks.
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
Leave a Review