If you need a new jalapeno popper recipe, you’re in luck! This jalapeno popper grilled cheese is perfect for a quick and easy lunch that’s full of spicy jalapeno and lots of melty cheese!
Do you want to know the worst part about homeschooling?
It’s the lunches. That’s the worst.
Not what you were expecting, right?
If you’re smart, you guessed it was the math.
Nope. It’s not the fact that I have to tell my 9 year old every day, every single day, ever mother-loving day from now until forever, that yes. She really does need to do math today. No, really. Math is needed. I’m not even kidding. One day it might be useful. Like when you’re calculating how much I must love you to put up with you all these years. Just do your math. Don’t make me start shouting. JUST DO YOUR GOD FORSAKEN MATH BEFORE I GO FLAG DOWN A SCHOOL BUS AND TOSS YOUR LITTLE BUTT ON IT.
Oh, right. Lunches.
(But first, check out my guide to NOT losing your mind while homeschooling!)
Yep. They’re even worse than the death closet. The what, you’re asking yourself. The death closet, guys. I have one of those. It’s in my laundry room. It’s full of dead things. Horrible no good very bad oh my word the worst dead things.
I have a high schooler taking biology. I’m not a murderer or anything. We just have dead things to dissect. I won’t go into any more detail or you’ll probably vomit, but yep. That’s my life. My laundry room smells like the morgue.
And lunch is still the worst.
As if it’s not bad enough that my children expect me to feed them breakfast and dinner, I also have the pleasure of cooking them lunch. It’s ridiculous and I want a refund.
So, obviously, I resort to sandwiches. A lot. Like, a lot a lot.
This sandwich is one that makes lunch time fun. It makes me happy. It makes me sigh with enjoyment while licking melty cheese off my fingers and downing glasses of ice cold water to quench the burn.
If you’ve never put cream cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich, then you’re living your life wrong and it’s time to fix things.
Basically, this jalapeno popper sandwich is the bomb dot com. <— Seriously, that right there will probably send my kids running to public school just to get away from.
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- 6 thin slices French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup jarred jalapeno slices diced
- 1 teaspoon juice of jar of jalapenos
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and juice. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the bread with the butter side facing out. Sandwich together to make 3 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches into skillet and cook until golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve.