SNICKERS APPLE SALAD is a favorite recipe to bring to potlucks, BBQs, and family gatherings here in the Midwest. It’s loaded with tart apples, candy bars, and tossed in a creamy mixture of Cool Whip and pudding. You can’t go wrong!
I still remember the first time someone showed up to a get-together at my mama’s house with a Caramel Apple Salad.
I asked what the bowl of goo was and when they replied that it was Snickers Salad, I was highly concerned.
Who puts candy bars in a salad?
Of course, I was down to try it. Snickers are life and I’m not scared of a little chocolate with my dinner.
This isn’t a salad salad…this is a dessert salad. Something the Midwest just knows how to do right. Y’all are gonna love this one if you haven’t had it before!
How to make caramel apple salad:
This recipe is beyond simple! You’ll start with a handful of ingredients: tart apples (we prefer Granny Smith), chopped up Snickers candy bars, vanilla pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip!
Don’t hate on me about the Cool Whip or the pudding mix. They have their place and that place is in this caramel apple salad. 😉
Whisk together the milk and pudding mix until it’s starting to set. Fold in the whipped topping.
Add in your chopped apples and chopped candy bars. Easy peasy, friends.
Stir it all together and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!
We love that this doubles as a side dish or dessert. I mean – it’s definitely dessert, but in the Midwest we serve it with dinner. ?
If you want to move here, I don’t blame you.
How long does Snickers Apple Salad last?
This apple Snickers salad recipe is best served the day it’s made. The apples start to get soft and release liquid if you let it sit for too long.
You can serve the second day as well, but the apples won’t be quite as crisp or the dressing quite as thick after day 1.
More potluck recipes to try:
This broccoli salad recipe is a nice twist from the classic version. For more veggies, this veggie pizza is always a winner.
Snickers Apple Salad
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- 5 large Granny Smith apples chopped
- 4 full-sized Snickers candy bars chopped
- Add the pudding mix and milk to a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Let pudding set for about 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
- Add the apples and candy bars to the bowl and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is best served within 24 hours as the apples will begin to lose their crispness.