These peanut butter cheerio bars are made with just three simple ingredients – honey, peanut butter, and cheerios! It’s an easy no bake treat!
Sometimes, based on the treats I offer to bake for friends, family, and kid events, I feel like the lazy mom.
You’ll never find me making elaborately decorated cakes or cookies and, more of than not, I’m the one bringing the no bake treats.
At this point, I’ve chosen to embrace it. Work smarter, not harder. And besides, who doesn’t love Oreo Rice Krispies Treats and Golden Graham Bars? No one is looking at those and thinking I’m a slacker!
Same goes for these Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars! Nevermind the fact that there are literally only 3 ingredients in this recipe! People RAVE about these gooey, sweet, crunchy bars and they’re always devoured the minute I pull them out!
👩🍳 Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey Nut Cheerios – These cereal bars have only three ingredients and they start with classic Honey Nut Cheerios cereal!
Creamy Peanut Butter – You can use any brand you prefer, but I’d stick to the smooth and creamy kind of peanut butter and not the chunky kind! Also be sure to use the no-stir kind of peanut butter.
Honey – You can use your preferred brand of honey, or some good local honey if you can find it! It’ll get heated up with the peanut butter to make a sticky sweet binding that’ll hold the cheerio bars together!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Only three easy ingredients!
- Mix everything together in the pot, press into the dish, and chill! No baking needed.
- You can switch it up and use different flavors of cheerios. See below for some suggestions!
🥜 How to Make Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars:
Heat: Stir together the peanut butter and honey in a large pot until it just begins to bubble.
Cereal: When the honey and peanut butter mix is ready remove it from the heat and start stirring in the Honey Nut Cheerios until it’s all well combined.
Chill: When the mix is ready you can pour it into a greased 9×13 baking dish and use some wax paper to press it flat. No baking necessary for this recipe! Just pop the dish into the fridge and let it chill for 1 to 2 hours.
Serve: Once the peanut butter cheerio bars have set you can slice them into squares or rectangles and serve!
Cheerio Bar Variations:
I don’t see any reason why you should limit yourself to only using Honey Nut Cheerios! They make a few varieties of cheerios that you could use instead.
These peanut butter cheerio bars with honey will stay fresh in an airtight container for about a week at room temperature.
Yes it is! Cheerios are made with 100% whole grain oats which are gluten free, however there is risk of cross contamination with oats. Most, if not all, brands of peanut butter are also gluten free, and of course 100% pure honey is just honey!
MORE CEREAL BAR RECIPES!
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Add the honey and peanut butter to a large pot over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is well combined and just beginning to bubble around the edges.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal to coat.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and use a piece of wax paper to press the mixture flat.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours in the fridge to set.
- Slice into bars and serve.