These thick and chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies are loaded with peanut butter chips! There is no chill time for this dough, so you’ll have cookies on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Do you guys remember my perfect chocolate chip cookies? The reasons they are perfect are numerous, but my favorite things about them are the fact that they are huge, thick, and chewy. They also start with melted butter, which is always a bonus for those of us who forget to set out a stick of butter. And the real kicker? There is no chill time.
Cookie dough that doesn’t need to be chilled before baking that STILL bakes up fat, thick, chewy, perfect.
These cookies you’re looking at right here?
They’re a riff on those perfect chocolate chip cookies. They start with the same base, but with a few chocolate-y tweaks.
You get all the same things I love in my regular cookie dough in this chocolate version. Oh man. You’re going to LOVE these chewy chocolate cookies!
Like I’ve said, I’m a sucker for big fat cookies. I mean, who wants a wimpy skimpy cookie when they could eat a giant puffball of a cookie?
I’m also a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter! Have you tried my Reese’s brownies? Heaven.
I take this dough and break it off into 9 pieces of dough, roll it into a ball, and bake. If you use a large cookie scoop on this recipe, you’ll get 12 cookies. I prefer the size of 9, but you do you.
I also always always always add extra peanut butter chips to the outside of the cookie dough just before baking. I mean, everyone likes a pretty cookie and that is definitely the secret to making a pretty cookie.
I hope you guys love these cookies as much as we do. I’ve been struggling to keep them in the cookie jar, because they get eaten so quickly!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional but recommended
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Portion the dough into 9 equal pieces and roll into balls.
- Place dough balls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes exactly. Cookies will look slightly underdone, but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the pan before removing to a cooling rack.