These easy STRAWBERRY CAKE MIX COOKIES are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Sweet, simple, and the best part…pink! We love how cute and easy these are to make and the kids love them too!
We love to make little holidays special, especially nowadays when we’re home isolating so much.
Valentine’s Day isn’t a holiday we go all out for, but I love to celebrate with the kiddos. It’s fun to have something to look forward to in the dead of winter.
Little sweets and treats, pink and red decor scattered around the house, and something small like a little teddy bear or box of candies to wake up to on Valentine’s Day. <— My husband gets nothing most years, but the kids always get something small. Haha!
These cake mix cookies are one of those treats I like to make leading up to the holiday. They’re obviously delicious anytime of year (hello, strawberries never go out of style!), but the pink and white just screams Valentine’s Day to me!
We’re also always sure to make our Valentine’s Day Cookies every year. You can’t go wrong with those!
How to Make:
Gather your ingredients: You’ll need a box of strawberry cake mix, baking powder, 2 eggs, vegetable oil, and white chocolate chips.
Swap the strawberry cake mix for any flavor that you prefer. This recipe works with any flavor!
You can also swap out the white chocolate chips for any variety of chocolate chips or even mix in m&m candies.
Mix: Whisk together the cake mix and baking powder and then beat in the eggs and oil with an electric mixer until the dough comes together. It will be quite sticky. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
Scoop & Bake: We use a medium cookie scoop to ensure we get evenly sized cookies that bake up just right. Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving a couple of inches for the cookies to spread a bit.
These bake in just 9 minutes. We like a soft, chewy center so we pull the cookies from the oven when the edges are set but the centers are still moist.
Freeze your cookies!
Don’t need a whole batch of cookies? Freeze the dough!
Scoop portions of dough out onto a baking sheet and freezer for 1 hour.
Remove from the freezer and place the cookie dough balls in a zip-top freezer bag.
Bake straight from frozen when you need a cookie fix. You’ll want to add 1-2 minutes to the bake time.
More valentine’s day treats!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cake mix and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir together to combine.
- Add the eggs and vegetable oil to the bowl and beat with an electric mixture until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough out onto the prepared baking, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies are just set. Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and press additional white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies, if desired.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.