These cake batter cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and sprinkles for a fun treat with crispy edges and super chewy centers.
You know when you’re craving cookies but you’re also craving cake and you really need sprinkles but you don’t feel like making frosting and crispy edges are calling your name and you have bags of chocolate chips waiting to be used?
No? Just me? Haha.
Well, I don’t think that matters. I think you’ll still be excited to hear these next three words…
Cake Batter Cookies.
Yes, friends. The ultimate marriage of desserts!
What Readers are Saying!
“Oh I am soooo making these. Cake batter anything is my fav and I’m a chocolate chip cookie addict so what could be better than these?!?! ? Thanks Karly!!” – Jody
We used my perfect chocolate chip cookies as the base and just swapped a little of the flour for some cake mix. Perfection.
These baked up with perfectly crisp edges, super chewy centers, and all of that cake flavor that we love.
These cookies are easy, too. No need to soften the butter first, because you just melt it in the microwave. No need to chill the dough, because these come out nice and thick and puffy even without that added step. No need to WAIT. These cookies go from mixer to oven to cooling rack in 20 minutes.
Butter – We use melted butter, which is a bit unorthodox, but makes for super chewy, flavorful cookies.
Sugar – Both brown and granulated sugar in these cookies!
Cake Mix – Any yellow or white cake mix will work. Funfetti is our favorite!
Chocolate Chips – Whatever variety you like will here. We do a mix of milk and white chocolate chips.
How to make cake batter cookies:
Put your melted butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until combined. Then add your egg and vanilla and beat again until combined.
Add the flour, cake mix, baking soda, and salt and mix well to form a dough.
After that is mixed, add in the milk and white chocolate chips until everything is combined. You might choose to add sprinkles at this point, if you love sprinkles like we do.
Use a medium cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until the cookies are done.
How to tell if the cookies are done
- The outside rim of the cookie should be set up.
- The center should be soft still. It will finish as it cools.
Let cool for 5 minutes for the cookie to set up a little bit then serve!
More of our cookie recipes:
- Strawberry cake mix cookies
- Snickerdoodle cookies
- Monster cookies
- Homemade pecan Sandies
- Air fried Oreos
Cake Batter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cake mix white, yellow, or Funfetti variety
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a mixer and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cake mix, baking soda, and salt to the mixer and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the milk and white chocolate chips and sprinkles until combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft and slightly underdone.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe was originally published in January 2017. It was updated in February 2021.