These glazed lemon cookies are perfect for spring with their bright citrus flavor! The soft cookies are simple to prepare and the lemon glaze on top is oh so good!
I’m not usually a huge fan of citrus desserts. I’ll almost always reach for chocolate. Lately, though, I’ve been craving lemon.
It adds so much flavor to everything it touches and I’ve been loving it!
Curious to know if you like lemon desserts too?
These glazed lemon cookies were a huge hit with my son. He’s always loved lemon desserts, but I think these are a new favorite for him.
I think it’s the simple lemon glaze that really puts these into ‘favorite’ status!
How to make glazed lemon cookies:
We’ll start by whipping up a simple cookie dough and then adding in some fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to give it a kick.
This lemon cookie recipe is super simple – butter, powdered sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Just mix it all together with a hand or stand mixer and then scoop into small balls and lightly flatten them.
Don’t you just want to pinch off a piece of that dough and devour??
These bake up in less than 15 minutes and then you’ll just let them cool.
For the glaze, you’ll whisk together powdered sugar, cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the tops of the lemon cookies. The glaze sets fairly quickly and then these cookies are ready to devour!
I love how soft this lemon cookie recipe bakes up. I’m not a big fan of crunchy cookies and these are perfect – thick and soft with a delightful glaze.
More cookie recipes to try:
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies: One of the easiest recipes and they always come out perfect!
Butter Cookies: We make these cut out cookies in place of traditional sugar cookies.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies: I’m not kidding when I say they’re perfect!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies: Super soft and chewy!
Lemon Cookie Recipe:
Glazed Lemon Cookies
For the cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth using a mixer.
- Add the flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out balls of cookie dough. Place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly flatten the cookies with your hands.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are just golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze
- Add all of the ingredients for the glaze to a small mixing bowl and whisk well until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze evenly over the cooled cookies.
- Let set for 15 minutes or until the glaze has firmed up.
- Store tightly covered for up to 5 days.
Tips & Notes:
Leave a Review