Are we all on cookie overload yet? I mean, is that even a thing? Probably not.
Personally, I’m still baking up a storm. New cookies are coming out of my kitchen at record rates. I’m obsessed and I’m not even a little ashamed to admit it.
We all know that come January, we’ll be eating sad little green things and lots of plain ol’ chicken breasts. Ugh. Give me the cookies to console myself.
I used my perfect chocolate chip cookies as a base for these delicious hunks of cookie goodness.
What makes my cookies so perfect?
No chill time. No softening the butter. No weird ingredients, like pudding mix. The cookies are thick, chewy, and humongous.
Does that sound perfect enough to you? I thought so!
These cookies go from mixing bowl to oven to mouth in less than 25 minutes, which is kind of dangerous and a lot amazing. You’re going to love this recipe!
I used pecans in here, but walnuts would also work well. I like to toast my nuts before chopping them up really fine and adding them to my cookie dough, but you can skip that step if you like. It’ll shave about 5 minutes off of your prep work and the cookies will still be delicious.
Give these a try and let me know what you think! I’m excited to hear if you love them as much as we do!
You’ll want to check out my brown sugar cookies and double chocolate chip cookies too!
Toffee Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pecans to a small skillet and toast over medium heat until fragrant. Stir and continue toasting for 1 more minute.
- Remove nuts to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt until a soft dough forms.
- Mix in the toasted pecans and toffee bits.
- Portion dough into 9 large balls and space evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press the chocolate chunks into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 11 minutes exactly. Cookies may look underdone but will continue to set up while cooling.
- Cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to an air-tight container. Cool at least 5 minutes before eating or cookies will fall apart.
Leave a Review