Chocolate chip pecan cookies made mini! These thick and chewy little cookies are ones that you won’t be able to stop popping in your mouth!
Would you believe that I’ve never been a huge fan of nuts in my cookies?
I never liked the unexpected crunch. I always just want a super soft, chewy cookie loaded with melty chocolate chips.
Then I grew up.
Now I have a major thing for that little bit of flavor and texture that nuts add to cookies. Especially pecans – so buttery and delicious.
These chocolate chip pecan cookies are a riff on my perfect chocolate chip cookie – I added pecans and made them tiny. We love these little guys!
How to make these mini chocolate chip cookies:
This recipe starts with my base for the perfect chocolate chip cookies and it is a bit different than most, because you’ll start with melted butter rather than softened butter.
A lot of people write this recipe off without trying it because ‘creamed butter is what makes cookies thick and chewy.’ Okay, cool, but could you trust me for a second because I swear these cookies turn out AMAZING. I make this dough in varying sizes and with varying mix-ins at least once a week. It’s my FAVORITE cookie dough for a reason.
Just trust me.
Anyway, you’ll melt some butter and stir that up with some brown sugar, granulated sugar, and a little vanilla.
Next, stir in some flour, baking soda, salt, pecans, and chocolate chips.
That’s it, you guys.
Here’s the really magical part – you don’t even need to chill the dough. These go straight from the mixing bowl to the cookie sheet to the oven, meaning that you could be eating one of these cookies in about 20 minutes. Life is good.
Again, I know that bloggers (myself included) have raved about the magic of chilling dough before baking, but for this recipe, it’s not required. You CAN chill the dough, if you have a reason to, but it’s totally unnecessary.
I use a small cookie scoop (affiliate link) to make these little guys. You can also make big bakery style cookies by portioning these into 9 large balls of dough.
If you do large cookies, these will bake in 11 minutes. With small cookies, these guys take 8 minutes.
My kids (obviously) prefer the large version, but I really like the mini chocolate chip cookies! You can snag a couple without feeling guilty that way. 😉
However you make them, just be sure not to overbake. These should be soft, chewy, and not at all crunchy!
Good luck not grabbing a little mini cookie every time you walk by the cookie jar!
More cookie recipes to try:
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies: Rich and fudgy!
Macadamia Nut Cookies: One of my husband’s favorites!
Lemon Cookies: Perfect for spring!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: The chewiest little cookies!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter brown sugar and white sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans by hand, reserving a few to press onto the tops of the cookie dough, if desired.
- Use a small cookie scoop or measure out balls of cookie dough that are 2 teaspoons each and portion them out on a large baking sheet, about an inch apart. Press the reserved chocolate chips into the tops of the dough, if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes exactly. Cookies will still be slightly underdone when you remove them from the oven. Do not overbake.
- Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack or eating.