Let’s hear it.
Who ate enough turkey to pop the button on their jeans? Who tried every single pie at dinner? Who licked the bowl of mashed potatoes clean?
Oh, just me? Huh.
Hope y’all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Mine was wonderful. Full of food and family and all that good stuff.
Then my husband and I immediately went and spent every single penny in our bank account on Christmas gifts. ‘Tis the season!
After all the hard shopping work we did, I made us some cookies. Not just any cookies, though. These cookies aren’t the least bit cakey or chewy. Gooey really is the best descriptor. Even though these are nothing like a traditional chocolate chip cookie, they still make as one of my top 3 favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 box butter cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix and beat until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the top is set, but the center is still gooey.
- Cool on a wire rack.
inspired by Paula Deen