Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
These white chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with extra chips and Christmas sprinkles for a festive little cookie that you won’t be able to stop munching on!
Last year, when I was perfecting my perfect chocolate chip cookies, I don’t think I realized how often we would make those cookies. I mean, having a go to chocolate chip cookie recipe is probably one of my favorite things in life.
I have the recipe memorized and it’s literally the EASIEST cookie recipe ever since it starts with melted butter and doesn’t require chilling. This means that as soon as a homemade chocolate chip cookie craving hits, I can have cookies in my mouth in just 20 minutes. It’s both dangerous and fabulous, as most great things in life are. 😉
Anyway, I use that cookie dough recipe for lots of things. Like my double chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip toffee cookies, and chocolate peanut butter cookies. The dough is so easy to make and it’s so versatile!
I’m all about Christmas cookies right now, you guys! I find myself baking cookies day after day the entire month of December and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I mean, really. Who would?!
Sometimes, though, Christmas cookies can be a bit of a pain in the butt.
Mostly, I’m just talking about cut out sugar cookies. Between the rolling out and cutting of the dough to the decorating with fancy piping bags and 33 different colors of icing, those Christmas cookies take an awful long time from start to finish.
Sure, they’re pretty and I’ll make them every year, but mama doesn’t always have time for all that. Sometimes mama needs cookies that take minimal effort, still look cute, and are just plain delicious.
Today, I’ve stuffed my easy cookie dough recipe with both white and dark chocolate chips and some Christmas sprinkles. It’s the perfect excuse to make a simple recipe for the holidays! I mean, I love those elaborately decorated sugar cookies as much as anyone, but sometimes you need a holiday treat in 20 minutes, you know?
Let me know if you add these to your holiday cookie trays! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Dump in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Dough will be soft.
- Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips and the sprinkles.
- Portion dough into 9 large balls of dough.
- Bake for 11 minutes exactly. Do not overbake. Cookies may look a bit underdone, but they will set up as they cool.
- Let cookies set on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before eating.
- Store, tightly covered, for up to 5 days.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 345kcal Calories from fat 150|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|