Gooey peanut butter Chex treats loaded with Reese’s Pieces! We love the crispy texture of the Chex cereal paired with the gooey marshmallows and peanut butter! This is a favorite treat in our house and it is ready in no time!
I’ve been holding out on you guys and I hope you’ll forgive me!
I’ve been making these peanut butter cereal treats for months and months now. Every time I do, people RAVE about them.
The Chex cereal shatters in your mouth in this satisfiying crispy way. The peanut butter helps cut some of the marshmallow sweetness you normally find in cereal treats. The Reese’s Pieces are Reese’s Pieces and I don’t need to say anything more about that. 😉
I should have shared this recipe with you months ago, but the problem was that we’d eat them before I could photograph them. They are just that good!
How to Make:
Melt butter and peanut butter in a sauce pan.
Stir in marshmallows until they’re just melted. Cooking the marshmallow mixture for too long is what makes hard, crunchy cereal treats instead of soft and gooey ones!
Stir in the Chex cereal. Rice or Corn Chex are great here, but we slightly prefer the texture of the Rice Chex.
Stir in a handful of Reese’s Pieces and then press it all into a greased 9×13. Sprinkle with more Reese’s Pieces.
Let the mixture cool completely and then slice and serve!
These turn out so perfectly gooey and all that peanut butter just adds the perfect contrast to the sweet marshmallows.
I’m not kidding when I say these are impossible to resist!
- Add the butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows to a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir well.
- Continue microwaving in 30 second bursts, stirring each time, until the marshmallows are fully melted.
- Stir in the cereal and Reese’s and then press into a greased dish.
Mix It Up!
Any small candies can be used in place of the Reese’s Pieces. M&Ms are an obvious choice, but you could also stir in mini Reese’s cups or any bite sized candy bars.
More peanut butter favorites!
- Peanut Butter Candy Bars
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Reese’s Peanut Butter Chex Bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces plus more, for sprinkling on top
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the butter and peanut butter and melt.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the marshmallows. Continue stirring, until marshmallows have just melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cereal until mostly coated in marshmallows.
- Add the Reese's Pieces and stir well to combine.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Press extra Reese's Pieces onto the top of the bars.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting into 12 bars and serving.
Leave a Review