These PEANUT BUTTER BANANA COOKIES are the perfect cross between banana bread and peanut butter cookies! Thick, cake-like cookies loaded with peanut butter, banana, oats, and chocolate chips! You’ll want to keep your cookie jar stocked with these cookies.
Is my family the only one that seems to go through phases with bananas?
Like, they want them so I buy them and then they eat them all super quickly.
So I buy more and…nope. No one in this house eats bananas anymore.
I mean, the bananas aren’t going to go to waste, whether my family eats them for a snack or not. 😉
This time around, I took that bunch of bananas and made peanut butter banana cookies.
We love these thick cookies!
Normally, I’m not a huge fan of cake-y cookies, but it works here, because you’ve got a banana bread vibe going on, but in cookie form! So fun!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cookie Scoop: Using a cookie scoop ensures that your cookies are all the same size, which means they’ll bake evenly! Plus, cookie scoops just make the job super easy. We have 3 sizes, but for this cookie recipe, we used a large scoop to make big, fat, bakery-style cookies.
This recipe calls for 3 medium bananas, mashed. That generally equals around 1 cup of mashed banana.
How To Freeze!
Cookies freeze beautifully either before baking or after!
To freeze before baking (our preferred method), scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for one hour. Transfer the hardened cookie dough to a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake as directed, adding an extra minute or two in the oven, if needed.
To freeze already baked cookies, cool completely and then wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight on the counter before eating.
More cookie recipes!
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Ranger Cookies
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Snickerdoodles
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Pie
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar and beat until just combined.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips until well incorporated.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop scoops of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are browned and cookies are set.
- Cool on a wire rack.