This BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD turns out so moist and flavorful every time! We love the juicy bits of blueberry scattered throughout the bread. This bread is best served warm with a big pat of salted butter.
When my kiddos were younger, they always wanted to go to Bob Evans for dinner.
I used to joke that they were basically tiny senior citizens, requesting Bob Evans for dinner and wanting to eat it at 4pm. 😉I wasn’t too mad about it, because Bob Evans food is pretty okay all around, but the banana bread they bring out with many of their dinners is down right delicious.
I love a good banana bread, especially when it’s sliced thick with plenty of melty butter smeared across the top.
The classic banana bread recipe is always welcome, but I really like to experiment with new things.
Enter this Blueberry Banana Bread! It fits in well with my chocolate banana bread, banana bread cookies, and banana bread donuts!
You’ll need either a stand mixer or hand mixer for this recipe as you’ll start out by creaming together the butter and sugar until it’s light fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
Be sure to use extra ripe bananas. The ugly brown bananas are perfect for this recipe, since they’re soft and sweet.
Whisk the dry ingredients together and stir that into your banana mixture until just combined.
Don’t overmix your banana bread or it will become tough instead of tender.
Toss some blueberries in a bit of flour to coat. This will help keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter and spread into a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
We always top the batter with extra blueberries. They’re so pretty!
This blueberry banana bread bakes in about an hour. A tester should come out clean.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cutting board to slice and serve.
We like this bread served warm with a thick smear of salted butter. It’s heaven!
More banana recipes:
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Bread
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup blueberries tossed in flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add the mashed bananas to the mixture and mix by hand until combined, scraping down the bowl as you stir.
- Stir in the dry ingredients by hand, being sure not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean. Tent the pan with aluminum foil if the bread is starting to get too brown towards the end of baking.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Leave a Review