These ranger cookies are loaded with all kinds of good for you things like whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and Wheaties cereal! Crispy on the edges and chewy in the centers, just the way we like them!
I don’t know about y’all, but I think cookies are pretty darn yummy.
My kids love them, my husband eats them for breakfast, and I like to eat the cookie dough before it makes it to the oven. Don’t even try to pretend you don’t eat half the cookie dough before it makes it to the oven yourself. I know you.
I love this ranger cookie recipe because it packs in all kinds of yummy ingredients like whole wheat flour, rolled oats, peanuts, and Wheaties cereal.
The texture of these cookies is divine – crispy edges, chewy centers, a more hearty dough than your usual chocolate chip cookie.
How to make this ranger cookie recipe:
To start, cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. We’re using all brown sugar in this recipe to keep the cookies moist and to give them loads of good flavor.
Beat in your eggs and vanilla and then start adding your dry ingredients.
You’ll need whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, and baking soda.
Once that is all combined, stir in the Wheaties, peanuts, and chocolate chips. I absolutely love the mix of textures happening in these ranger cookies!
Use a medium cookie scoop (affliate link) to scoop out the dough onto your baking sheet. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten the cookies slightly. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top to make them pretty, if you like.
These bake up in about 10 minutes and your ranger cookies are ready to devour!
Don’t forget the glass of ice cold milk!
More cookie recipes to try:
Butter Cookies: A family favorite!
Rolo Cookies: The hidden caramel center is amazing!
Pumpkin Cookies: Love these any time of the year!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies: A classic!
Lemon Cookies: My son’s fav!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: The softest cookies ever!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Wheaties cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, and baking soda.
- When well combined, mix in the Wheaties, peanuts, and chocolate chips. Stir vigorously to break up the cereal as you stir.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with a glass bottom dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then remove to cooling rack.
This post was originally published in September 2010. It’s been updated July 2019 with new photos and text. Original photo below.