This CROCKPOT HASHBROWN CASSEROLE is perfect for potlucks! Toss a few ingredients in your slow cooker and end up with creamy, cheesy hashbrown casserole!
I have been on a major slow cooker kick lately.
I love my crockpot in the summer when it’s so dang hot that I dread standing over a stove or turning on the oven.
I love my crockpot in the winter when you just want a warm, cozy meal and your entire house to smell cozy and inviting.
And of course, I love that the slow cooker works by basically letting you dump things in there and walking away. Dinner just pops out like magic, hours later.
It doesn’t really matter why I’m so obsessed with the slow cooker lately. All that matters is that I’ve brought you this crockpot hashbrown casserole, because I love you. And I love cheesy potatoes. And I also love easy recipes that take minimal prep work and totally feed a crowd.
What Readers are Saying!
“Another delicious addition is crumbled bacon pieces. Don’t skimp. We’ve made this a couple of times and will be making it again.” – Perry
How to Make:
Combine: My favorite thing about hashbrown casserole is that it is so simple! And the crockpot makes it even easier. Just add all of the ingredients (frozen diced potatoes, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheddar, spices) to your slow cooker and stir well to combine.
Cook: When everything is added to the crockpot, just set it on low and forget about it for 4 hours! What could be easier than that? Check to be sure the potatoes are tender or if they need more time. When ready, sprinkle with parsley and serve!
This is great as a side for my turkey meatloaf! Of course, we also make it for holiday dinners – especially when oven space is limited.
Switch things up a bit:
- Give home homemade substitute for cream of chicken soup a try instead of the canned soup.
- Stir in some diced ham or seared Polish sausage just before serving to make this a main dish. You could even add in some steamed or roasted veggies.
- Shredded hashbrowns will also work here, but keep an eye on the cook time. They’ll likely cook faster.
- Feel free to get creative with the cheese. I just use a few handfuls of freshly grated cheddar, but mix things up with some Monterey Jack or smoked gouda. Pepper jack would add a nice little kick, too!
More crockpot favorites!
- Crock Pot French Dip
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
- 32 ounces frozen diced potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
- Spray a 5-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients except for the parsley to the slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Set slow cooker to low, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir well and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Tips & Notes:
This recipe was originally published in June 2016. It was updated with new photos and video in October 2020. Original photo below.