CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP cooks up low and slow all afternoon, making the house feel warm and cozy. This chunky chicken noodle soup is loaded with tender chicken, carrots, and celery, with plenty of thick egg noodles. Perfect for chilly nights!
We ate a whole lot of canned chicken noodle soup when I was a kid and I LOVED it.
Honestly, I ate it so often for lunch that I had my own secret recipe. Microwave it for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds.
I used to proudly tell my friends how to make the best canned soup and that was it. That was all there was to it. Ha! I really thought I was onto something with that mid-cook stir thing.
Anyway, these days my recipes are a bit more advanced, so we’re going to skip the cans of soup and the microwave and we’re going to make this chunky chicken noodle soup in the crockpot!
This slow cooker chicken noodle soup is basically a big bowl of cozy love that feels like a warm hug. You’re going to love.
I started with the recipe on the bag of frozen noodles and just doctored it up a bit to make it a crockpot recipe.
You’re going to love how easy this is! (And if so, check out my crockpot potato soup, too!)
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup:
Add chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a bay leaf to a crockpot. We make this chicken noodle soup with chicken breast, but you could also use chicken thighs, if preferred.
Pour 8 cups of chicken broth over the top and then cover and cook on low.
Remove your chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a couple of forks.
Add the chicken back to the pot along with the frozen egg noodles and fresh parsley. Stir, cover, and cook for another 45 minutes on high or until the noodles are cooked through and tender.
- We use and love Reame’s frozen egg noodles. They’re the perfect size for chicken noodle soup and they’re made with just 3 ingredients.
- We like to add extra garlic and a teaspoon of ground turmeric when someone has a cold and requests this soup.
- This easy crockpot chicken noodle soup reheats well in the microwave or on the stove.
This easy chicken noodle soup can be frozen, but the noodles may get mushy after cooking twice. We recommend that you remove the portion you’d like to freeze BEFORE adding the noodles. Freeze it, along with a small freezer bag of the noodles, and then rewarm on the stove and cook the noodles in the soup during the last 30 minutes. It’s not as easy this way, but we think it’s worth the effort!
More cozy soups!
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 medium carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Add all of the ingredients except for the noodles and parsley to a crockpot. Stir to combine and cover.
- Cook on high heat for 3 hours or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the frozen noodles and parsley, stir to combine, and cover. Cook on high heat for 45 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, if desired. Remove the bay leaf before serving. Serve hot.