INSTANT POT VEGETABLE SOUP is a healthy and easy recipe made so quickly thanks to the Instant Pot! Toss everything in and let the pressure cooker do it’s magic.
Half the people I know got Instant Pots for Christmas this year. The other half got them for Christmas last year.
So, it’s safe to say that people are looking for some new pressure cooker recipes, right?
If you have picky kids, I highly recommending getting veggies in them via soup.
Picky kid tip: My kids are much more likely to eat veggies they don’t really like, such as carrots and peas, when they’re in a soup versus being in a pile on their plate. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s a trick that I make good use of. 😉
This soup is very Weight Watchers friendly too, if you’re into that sort of thing!
How to make vegetable soup in the Instant Pot:
For this recipe, I like to keep it easy and use frozen veggies and canned tomatoes. This makes this soup a great recipe for cleaning out the freezer and it’s pretty budget friendly too!
First, you’ll want to saute some onion in your Instant Pot with a little oil. Stir in a bit of garlic until it’s nice and fragrant and then start loading in the rest of the veggies.
You’ll need diced tomatoes, corn, green beans, peas, and carrots.
Add in some beef broth along with Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Tip: Use vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian vegetable soup instead!
This goes so quick! Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
Quick release the rest of the pressure and then stir in some parsley and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Instant Pot Details:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I absolutely love my Instant Pot! It’s great for soups like this, but I also use it to boil eggs (they peel like a dream), cook perfect rice, cook chicken to shred (the best!), and so much more.
I have the 6qt and it’s the perfect size for my family of four. Purchase at Amazon.
More soup recipes to try:
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 12 ounces frozen green beans
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 3 ½ cups beef broth, see note
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Turn the pressure cooker to ‘saute’ and, once hot, add the olive oil. Stir in the onion and cook until transclucent, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice), frozen vegetables, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before opening the quick release valve.
- Add the parsley to the pot, stir well to combine, and add additional salt or pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.