Our Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a healthy and easy recipe made so quickly thanks to the Instant Pot! Toss everything in and let the pressure cooker do it’s magic.
Half the people I know got Instant Pots for Christmas this year. The other half got them for Christmas last year.
So, it’s safe to say that people are looking for some new pressure cooker recipes, right?
I hope so, because this Instant Pot vegetable soup is basically the easiest way to get dinner on the table, plus it’s packed with healthy veggies and nutrients.
If you have picky kids, I highly recommending getting veggies in them via soup.
Picky kid tip: My kids are much more likely to eat veggies they don’t really like, such as carrots and peas, when they’re in a soup versus being in a pile on their plate. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s a trick that I make good use of. 😉
Feel like you need more than just veggies? Try our Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup instead! It’s loaded with tender beef.
Serve this with our quick dinner rolls for the perfect family-friendly meal!
👩🍳 Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Veggies – For this recipe, I like to keep it easy and use frozen corn, green beans, peas and carrots as well as canned tomatoes. This makes this soup a great recipe for cleaning out the freezer and it’s pretty budget friendly too! Some diced onion and minced garlic go in too for extra flavor.
Broth – I am using beef broth for the base of this soup because I love the flavor. Vegetable broth works just as well.
Worcestershire Sauce – Adds a delicious umami flavor to the soup.
Seasoning – I’m spicing this Instant Pot vegetable soup up with some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning!
What Readers are Saying!
“Thank you, Karly, for making this recipe available! I am new to the Instant Pot. I followed your directions to the “T” and the soup came out perfect! The Instant Pot is my new favorite appliance!” – Barbara
🍲 How to Make Vegetable Soup:
Sauté: First, you’ll want to sauté onion in your Instant Pot with a little oil. Stir in a bit of garlic until it’s nice and fragrant and then start loading in the rest of the veggies.
Veggies: Add the diced tomatoes, corn, green beans, peas, and carrots to the Instant Pot along with the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Use vegetable broth and skip the Worcestershire to make this a vegan vegetable soup instead!
Pressure Cook: This goes so quick! Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Quick release the rest of the pressure and then stir in some parsley and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve: When finished you can serve this Instant Pot vegetable soup while it’s good and hot, and try it out with my Irish soda bread or homemade biscuits and you’ll have an amazing dinner!
🛒Instant Pot Details:
I absolutely love my Instant Pot! It’s great for soups like this, but I also use it to boil eggs (they peel like a dream), cook perfect rice, cook chicken to shred (the best!), and so much more.
I have the 6qt and it’s the perfect size for my family of four. Purchase at Amazon.
You can keep this vegetable soup in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Yes! This will freeze pretty well. Let it cool completely before transferring to a freezer safe bag or container. It should last for about 2 to 3 months.
Yes, I think this recipe would work fine in a crockpot. Obviously that’s going to take a lot longer though! I’d say about 4 hours on low.
MORE SOUP RECIPES!
Check out more of my favorite Instant Pot and Crockpot soup recipes!
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Easy Crockpot Potato Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 12 ounces frozen green beans
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 3 ½ cups beef broth, see note
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Turn the pressure cooker to ‘saute’ and, once hot, add the olive oil. Stir in the onion and cook until transclucent, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice), frozen vegetables, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before opening the quick release valve.
- Add the parsley to the pot, stir well to combine, and add additional salt or pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Review