Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Do you guys want to hear a sob story?
My parents never, not once, fed me meatloaf as a child. How dare they! What kind of parents were they, anyway?!
I mean, sure, most kids hate meatloaf and yes, I absolutely would have whined about it had my parents dared to serve me a hunk of loaf shaped meat full of who knows what. But, still. It’s the principle of the matter. Parents are supposed to force their children to eat meatloaf.
Anyway, one day when I was married I decided to make my very first meatloaf. I had never tasted meatloaf before and I didn’t know what the heck I was doing, but I saw a recipe online that was full of steak sauce and I happen to love steak sauce, so I made it. It was divine. This is not that recipe though. This is better.
This meatloaf is the only one that my family will eat. It tastes like a great big bacon cheeseburger and oh, you guys. It is absolutely divine. It is loaded with bacon, mayo, and cheese, so yeah. There is no chance of this not being amazing. Instead of bread crumbs, I use Stove Top Stuffing. I know, I’m weird. But, you guys, dry stuffing is just so perfect in meatloaf. If that’s not something you have on hand, feel free to sub in bread crumbs. I prefer panko, but use whatcha got.
I’ve wanted to share this recipe with you for years now, but meatloaf is just plain ugly. Today I finally accepted that there is nothing I can do to make meatloaf look appetizing, so here it is, in all it’s loaf-y glory.
Be sure not to overbake your meatloaf! I use and love this instant thermometer all the time!
Embrace the loaf, you guys. Spread the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf love.
Oh, and you see the pool of grease in the bottom of my baking dish? Well. Let me tell you a secret and please promise that you won’t judge me for this. I like to cover my meatloaf with foil after I pull it from the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes is up, that grease will have magically disappeared.
Don’t question it or you may realize that the grease has been absorbed back into the meatloaf which is probably not the most healthy way to deal with meatloaf grease, but it’s definitely the most delicious. Seriously, this is the most flavorful meatloaf you’ll ever eat.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 85% lean
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dry Stove Top Stuffing or panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and place in a hot skillet over medium heat. Fry until just about crisp. Drain and add bacon to a large bowl.
- Add the beef, cheese, oats, stuffing mix or panko, mayonnaise, egg, and salt to the bowl with the bacon.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup and mustard. Add half of the mixture to the meatloaf mixture. Add the tablespoon of brown sugar to the remaining ketchup and mustard and set aside.
- Use your hands to combine the meatloaf mixture until well mixed. Dump into a large baking dish and shape into a loaf about 8 inches long and 2-3 inches thick.
- Spread the ketchup and mustard mixture over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 845kcal Calories from fat 581|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 65g||100%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This post contains affiliate links.