Do you guys know what today is?
That’s right. Friday. Sometimes known as Fryday, because fries are good. But that has nothing to do with anything.
It’s the weekend and you need something easy to make for dinner, because you worked hard all week and working hard all weekend sounds dumb. Am I right? Always.
My homemade Alfredo sauce is always a hit, for any night of the week. It’s simple, quick, and oh man – it tastes amazing.
This time, I’m serving it up over tortellini.
You can’t go wrong with tortellini, right?
If you love pasta as much as I do, you should also test out my one pot spaghetti. It’s another easy recipe and bonus points – it cooks in one dish, so clean up is a breeze!
- 20 ounces refrigerated tortellini any variety
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- While tortellini is cooking, prepare the Alfredo sauce. Add the butter to a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and garlic until heated through.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Drain the tortellini and add to a bowl with the Alfredo sauce. Stir to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.