This Tortellini Alfredo Recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. My Alfredo sauce is so quick and easy and it pairs perfectly with cheese tortellini.
You know those nights when you just can not stand the thought of cooking dinner?
But also you’ve ordered DoorDash about 500 times this week and you probably should suck it up and make dinner?
Hello, enter this easy tortellini alfredo!
You’re going to want to keep the ingredients for this one on hand at all times. It’s a life saver!
My homemade Alfredo sauce is always a hit, for any night of the week. It’s simple, quick, and oh man – it tastes amazing.
This time, I’m serving it up over tortellini.
You can’t go wrong with tortellini, right?
Tortellini Alfredo Ingredients:
Cheese Tortellini – Fresh, frozen, or dried will work. Use what you have on hand.
Heavy Whipping Cream
Parmesan Cheese – Freshly shredded or a bag of shredded cheese will work here. Don’t use the powdery stuff.
Salt & Pepper
What Readers are Saying!
“I made this tonight, adding frozen peas and chopped prosciutto, and it was delicious. It’s also amazingly easy to make. Restaurant quality dinner faster and easier than ordering delivery.” – Megan V.
How To Make Alfredo Tortellini:
Cheese Tortellini: Cook your favorite brand of cheese tortellini according to the package instructions. Fresh tortellini cooks in minutes while dried will take a bit longer.
Alfredo Sauce: Our simple homemade Alfredo sauce is seriously the best – just melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan and then add in a little garlic and heavy cream. Once hot, stir in your shredded Parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Combine: With the creamy Alfredo sauce finished and the cheese tortellini cooked and drained, you can go ahead and add the sauce and the pasta into the same bowl and stir until it is well combined!
Top with some parsley and it’s ready to serve!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- This recipe is ready in just about 20 minutes!
- Pasta always goes over well in my house, making this a hit with picky kids.
- The recipe works well with fresh, frozen, or dried pasta, so use what you have on hand.
- You can make this even easier by using jarred sauce, but we think our homemade Alfredo really is worth the extra 5 minutes.
Our simple vegetable salad is always a good option to go with pasta too.
More tasty pasta recipes:
- 16 ounces cheese tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- While tortellini is cooking, add the butter and heavy cream to a sauce pan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until the butter has melted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the butter mixture and whisk constantly over low heat until the cheese has fully melted.
- Season the Alfredo sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the tortellini and add to the Alfredo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.