This BREAKFAST PIZZA RECIPE is loaded with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and a simple creamy cheese sauce. It’s breakfast perfection and we can’t get enough! Serve it up for a fun weekend breakfast or a quick brinner any night of the week.
My husband is basically obsessed with all things breakfast, so if we can get breakfast food twice in one day, he’s a happy man.
Another favorite is my keto breakfast casserole.
Breakfast Pizza Sauce:
I don’t know about you, but the idea of a red sauce on a breakfast pizza sounds pretty gross to me.
You’ll just whisk together some flour and butter over medium heat until melted and combined and then stir in some milk and mustard powder.
Keep whisking until the mixture thickens up nicely, like a gravy.
Remove from the heat, add your shredded cheese, and whisk until it’s smooth and creamy.
Boom. You just made cheese sauce, my friend.
Spread your cheese sauce over the pizza crust and then whip up some scrambled eggs.
You’ll want to leave your eggs a bit wet, since they’ll be going in the hot oven with the pizza. Nobody likes dry eggs!
Top your pizza with the scrambled eggs along with some crumbled and cooked sausage and bacon.
Bake this up and then sprinkle on some chopped green onions or give it a drizzle of hot sauce. Either way, this is gonna be good.
I have made this using homemade pizza dough as well as using store bought. Either works just fine, so do what you prefer!
Honestly, I usually keep pizza night simple and go with the store bought dough. No shame here.
Pro Tip: The crescent roll dough sheet works really great as a base for this pizza! Everyone loves crescent rolls, right?
More pizza recipes:
We don’t let a week go by without some form of pizza!
This veggie pizza is a favorite any time we have guests over.
My fruit pizza is always a hit with the kids.
My own personal favorite is this buffalo chicken pizza!
Trying to cut carbs but still want pizza? This fathead pizza is the way to go!
For the cheese sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of mustard powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
For the pizza:
- 1 pizza crust, homemade or store bought
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
To make the cheese sauce:
- Add the butter to a small sauce pan over medium heat and melt.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and mustard powder and cook, whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven according to the pizza crust recipe/package directions. Arrange your pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan and spread the cheese sauce over the top.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the milk until smooth.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium heat and let melt.
- Pour the eggs into the hot skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are mostly set. Do not cook fully as the eggs will finish off in the oven.
- Arrange the scrambled eggs over the pizza crust and sprinkle the bacon and sausage pieces over the top.
- Bake the pizza according to the pizza crust recipe/package directions.
- When the pizza is fully baked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the green onions.
- Slice and serve immediately.