My husband is an absolute nut for breakfast foods.
I mean, I eat a little breakfast each day. Sometimes an avocado drizzled with Cholula. Sometimes a scrambled egg. Sometimes I just drink my coffee and call it good.
I think the avocado with Cholula is my favorite low carb breakfast of all time, though. It’s so good!
Anyway, I’m getting off track!
I eat a super simple breakfast through the week, but on the weekends the husband is home and he wants a MEAL.
He’s happy to cook it himself, but I like to play the loving wife and make him bacon and eggs and all the other good breakfast food most days.
Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole:
This easy breakfast casserole can be made in advance.
Prepare, bake, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just pop individual servings in the microwave to reheat. It’s even good cold, if you ask me.
Obviously, this means that it makes a fabulous holiday recipe. You know when you have a million people staying at your house over the holidays and you’re just like…ugh. You want me to cook for you AGAIN?
This is perfect for that feeling.
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole:
I keep it low carb by cutting any sort of starchy veggies or bread and just sticking to the good stuff: eggs, meat, and cheese!
I’ve used sausage and bacon today, but ham is tasty too! Who doesn’t love pork in the morning?
This breakfast casserole with bacon is a total hit with my family.
Bacon is a must, obviously, but I also added a few veggies.
Onion and bell pepper are perfect here, but you can definitely get creative here and stir in other veggies. Jalapeno would be really good if you like spice!
Everything just gets stirred together with a bunch of grated cheese. I use cheddar, but you can use whatever variety you like.
If you’re not watching carbs, this is another of my favorite breakfast casserole recipes.
This bakes up in a 9×13, so it makes a nice sized casserole. Yay for leftovers!
I use this baking dish (affiliate link). It’s my favorite!
We serve this with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chives.
You’ve got to give this breakfast casserole with sausage and bacon a try! It’s so filling and tasty!
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling as it cooks. Drain grease and set aside.
- Dice the bacon into bite-sized chunks and cook in a large skillet, stirring often, until crisp. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the milk. Whisk together until well combined.
- Stir in the sausage, bacon, cheddar, onion, pepper, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.