These pimento cheese sausage balls are an irresistible snack that is perfect for serving up at holiday parties or gatherings! Made with just 3 ingredients and people devour them!
As you can imagine, we don’t often repeat foods in our house…there is always something new to try!
But, like everyone, we have a few go to favorites that get made again and again. When it comes to party food, our grape jelly meatballs and these pimento cheese sausage balls definitely top the list!
I’m a huge sucker for our homemade pimento cheese and you’ll often find me serving it when friends and family drop by. We use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches, to top burgers, and just as a dip with crackers.
This time, we added it to our sausage balls! The result is a moist, flavorful sausage ball that is delicious served hot or at room temperature. People RAVE about this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pork Sausage – Any brand will work and you should be able to find this easily at pretty much any grocery store. Use a roll of hot sausage if you’d like to spice these up!
Bisquick – We keep it simple with the boxed mix, but you could try your hand at making your own Bisquick. There are lots of recipes out there.
Pimento Cheese – We highly prefer our homemade pimento cheese over store bought, but you can use store bought if necessary. Just know that store bought tends to be less creamy and we always think it has a bit of a ‘fake cheese’ vibe to it.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Just three simple ingredients!
- These sausage balls are perfect for serving up at a party or gathering. They are irresistible!
- These are delicious straight from the oven or at room temperature. You really can’t go wrong.
How to Make:
Mix: While your oven preheats you can start mixing together the sausage, Bisquick, and pimento cheese. Add all three to a large bowl and stir together until well combined.
We like our sausage balls to be a bit moist, so we use the least amount of Bisquick as possible. If the mixture is too wet to work with, add additional Bisquick, up to 1/2 cup, a little at a time until you’re able to roll into balls without the mixture sticking to your hands too much.
Scoop: I’d recommend using a medium cookie scoop if you have one, it’ll make the job a lot easier and you’ll have perfectly even portions. Scoop out the sausage mixture and roll it into balls.
We use cookie scoops for everything from baking cookies to scooping meatballs to easily filling muffin tins.
Bake: Line a large rimmed baking sheet with some parchment paper and start arranging each of the sausage balls on the sheet about 1.5″ apart. When finished, place in the oven and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
Once the sausage balls are cooked through you can remove them from the oven and serve them hot or at room temperature!
You can keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days.
You can prepare the sausage balls ahead of time and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to bake, or you can also freeze the uncooked sausage balls for up to a few months. You can bake them from frozen, just add a few minutes to the cook time.
Buns In My Oven Favorites!
We only share recipes that we absolutely LOVE here on Buns In My Oven, but everyone has favorites, even me! We created a section of recipes that are my personal favorites and this one made the cut! Check out all of our Favorite Recipes here!
These are cheesy and flavorful all on their own, no dip needed!
MORE PIMENTO CHEESE RECIPES!
- Pimento Cheese Bombs
- Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Air Fryer Pimento Grilled Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Pimento Cheese Poppers
- Pimento Cheese and Bacon Pizza
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Biscuits
Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick see note
- 1 ½ cups pimento cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the sausage, Bisquick, and pimento cheese to a large bowl and stir well to combine. If mixture is too moist to form into balls add up to an additional ½ cup of Bisquick.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of the sausage mixture and roll it into balls. Arrange on prepared baking sheet about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.