Have y’all ever had Pimento Cheese? I know. It’s a Southern thing and those of you who live South of me are rolling your eyes. Of course you’ve had pimento cheese.
Those of you who live North of me? Not so much.
I’d like to change that.
I’d like to bring pimento cheese to all of you.
I’d like to slide down your chimney with a bag o’ cheese and smear it all over each of your angelic sleeping faces so that when you wake in the morning you’ll have a delicious treat to enjoy. It’ll be like Christmas morning, but worse because I’ll be covered in gross chimney stuff.
Now, this stuff is really good as a cracker dip. Try it, live it, love it. Then put the crackers away and make yourself lunch. Two slices of bread, some butter, a couple big scoops of pimento cheese, and a hot skillet. The absolute very best grilled cheese you will ever eat in your life, guaranteed.
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons jarred diced pimento
- 1 teaspoon grated onion (optional, I leave it out for the onion haters)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy and well combined.
- Serve as a dip or sandwich filling.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2155kcal Calories from fat 1855|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 206g||317%|
|Saturated Fat 82g||410%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
adapted from Paula Deen