This Cream Cheese Corn Casserole is made with sweet corn and diced green chiles all baked together in a rich cream cheese sauce! This is the ultimate comfort food and makes the perfect side dish for holidays or potlucks.
Here in the Midwest, corn dishes are just a way of life. We’re putting corn on the table multiple times a week, whether it’s sweet corn on the cob, our Jiffy corn casserole, or cornbread salad. And of course this summer corn salad is always a hit!
We love this rich cream cheese corn casserole for holiday dinners or just when we’re feeling like we need a pile of comfort food.
The rich cream cheese sauce bakes up to make a thick and creamy corn casserole that is seriously hard to resist.
Corn – Fresh or frozen corn will work. We usually go with frozen to keep things simple.
Creamy Cheese Sauce – You’ll melt together butter, cream cheese, and milk.
Green Chiles – This adds a little contrast to the sweet corn without adding much heat. You can swap in canned jalapenos for more spice, if you like.
Cheese – Cheddar and monerey jack or pepper jack will be great here.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- It’s a pretty quick casserole recipe that doesn’t require a lot of preparation.
- All that creamy, cheesy flavor!
- The dish isn’t really spicy, but we love the contrast of the green chiles with the sweet corn.
How to Make Corn Casserole:
Cheese Sauce: Add the cream cheese, milk, and butter to a sauce pan and stir together over medium heat until well combined.
Tip: You can start pre-heating the oven while you make the sauce.
Combine: Add the corn, green chiles, pepper jack cheese and salt and pepper to a bowl. Pour the cheese sauce over the top.
Stir: Give everything a big stir and make sure it’s well combined.
Bake: Spread it into a greased 8×8 baking dish and then top it off with a bit of cheddar. Bake for 40 minutes in the oven or until it is hot and bubbly!
This dish is easy to customize! Try adding in a few of these favorites:
- Crispy Bacon
- Green Onions
- Minced Jalapeno
- Crispy Fried Onions
You can keep this creamy corn casserole stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Yes, if using fresh corn, just cut it from the cob. If using canned, drain well. Frozen corn may be used straight from the freezer.
More Casserole Recipes:
- Crack Chicken Casserole
- Taco Spaghetti Casserole
- Spinach Casserole
- Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, and mik to a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn, pepper jack, green chiles, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.