CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN is always the hit of the party! Juicy chicken cooked in a spicy, creamy sauce. It’s hard to go wrong with this one and you can make it as spicy as you like!
Football season is my favorite season.
I mean, I could care less about the grown dudes in tight pants chasing after a ball. <– Seems weird.
However, I’m a giant fan of the food that comes along with the football watching my husband always insists on doing.
Say hello to this crockpot buffalo chicken dip! I think you’re going to love it just as much as we do.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to customize. Want blue cheese instead of cheddar? Go for it. Like it extra hot? We can do that. Want it pretty mild? Not a problem.
Let’s do the thing.
How to make slow cooker buffalo chicken dip:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Personally, I’m a fan of buffalo chicken dip with real chicken. Okay, yes, the canned chicken is technically real chicken but it’s pink and salty and just a little weird to me, so I always go for fresh chicken.
I’ll either pull the meat from a rotisserie chicken or pop some chicken breasts in my Instant Pot (12 minutes, natural release) to shred.
I think starting with fresh chicken makes a tasty difference, but you can do whatever you prefer.
This is a really easy buffalo chicken dip – just add everything to your crockpot and stir to combine!
You’ll need chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, Frank’s hot sauce, and ranch dressing.
Wondering where the blue cheese is? Sprinkle some in and give it a stir before serving, if that’s your thing. I personally don’t like blue cheese, so we leave it out.
I like to use my small 1 1/2 quart crockpot when making dips. It’s the perfect size!
This is the crockpot I use. I love that it doesn’t take up much space, is perfect for setting out at parties, and the way it fills up with dip perfectly rather than using a big crockpot that looks mostly empty with a tiny bit of dip inside.
We cook this on low for 3-4 hours before serving, stirring it up every 45 minutes or so.
After everything is melted and combined, just turn it to warm and dig in!
More dip and appetizer recipes:
Grape Jelly Meatballs are a must at any football game! They’re a classic.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup bottled ranch dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Spray crockpot insert with non-stick spray.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, hot sauce, and ranch to the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat, stirring every 30-45 minutes, for 3 to 4 hours or on high heat for 1 to 2 hours, until cheese is fully melted and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and green onions before serving.
Tips & Notes: