This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball starts with a brick of cream cheese and then gets mixed with loads of crispy bacon, freshly grated cheddar, and lots of ranch seasoning. For extra flavor and crunch, I roll the cheese ball in crushed crackers before serving.
We love party food in this house, whether I’m serving it up at family get-togethers, football games, or game night. Doesn’t matter, we’re here for the party food!
This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a major favorite when it gets to serving friends and family. Everyone loves bacon and ranch and cheese, so it’s always a big hit.
Besides, there’s just something fun about a cheese ball. They don’t seem nearly as popular as they were when I was a kid, but I’m still over here keeping them alive.
We like to roll our cheese ball in something crunchy before serving – that could be extra fried bacon or nuts, but this time around we went for crushed cheese crackers! Adds the perfect contrast in texture to the creamy cheese ball!
Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cream Cheese – A must for any cheese ball. Use the block of cream cheese, not the spreadable kind in a tub.
Cheddar – Shredded cheddar adds sharpness and flavor.
Ranch Dip Mix – Look for the packets of the dry ranch dip mix powder at the store. It’s going to add tasty ranch flavor to the bacon cream cheese ball!
Bacon – You’ll need some cooked, crumbled bacon for this recipe. Check out this guide on how to air fry bacon! It’s quick, easy, and mess free. Or just use the boxed kind or even bacon bits from the store to keep it super simple.
Chives – Mix this in for some extra flavor, it goes really well with the ranch and cream cheese.
Cheese Crackers – I finished this cheese ball recipe off by rolling it in some crushed cheese crackers! I used some Cheez-It Grooves zesty cheddar ranch flavored crackers which I’ve linked to, but any brand or flavor works!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- It’s a quick and easy recipe to prepare! And it’s perfect party food for gatherings or football games.
- You can dip with just about anything! Crackers, veggies, bread… see below for some suggestions.
How to Make a Cheese Ball:
Combine: Mix together the softened cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, chvies, and ranch mix in a large bowl. Give it a good stir to get it all combined.
Shape: Lay a sheet of plastic wrap out on your counter and spoon the cheese mixture into the center. Bring up the sides of the plastic wrap around the cheese mixture and shape it into a ball.
Finish: Chill the cheese ball for 30 minutes and then unwrap it and roll it in the crushed crackers. Another good crunchy option if you don’t want to roll it in crackers are chopped pecans or crispy bacon!
See below for some suggestions on what to dip with.
What to dip with?
I like to serve this bacon ranch cheese ball with Ritz crackers, but feel free to get creative and use whatever you like best! Here are some suggestions:
- Crackers – Ritz are my favorite but any brand or variety works.
- Veggies – Carrots, celery sticks, cucumber slices, etc.
- Bread – Crostini or any kind of crusty bread would work well.
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Chips
It’ll need to be sealed up in something like an airtight container, but it should last for at least 5 days in the fridge. If you plan on saving leftovers you may not want to roll it in the crushed crackers first.
Yes, you can freeze it for later… but only before rolling it in the crushed crackers. Those won’t freeze so well! Wrap it in plastic wrap and add it to a freezer safe bag.
MORE CHEESE BALL RECIPES!
If you like this bacon ranch cheese ball, you might also like…
- Oreo Ball – this dessert cheese ball is always a hit!
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball – I love the spicy flavor of this one!
- Peanut Butter Cheese Ball – if you love peanut butter, you have to try this cheese ball recipe!
- Goat Cheese Balls – these little bite sized cheese balls start with goat cheese, bacon, and pecans. So good!
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 packet ranch dip powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- crackers and fresh veggies, for serving
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, ranch seasoning, and chives to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on your work surface and place the cheese mixture in the center. Fold the plastic wrap up around the cheese and form into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Crush the cheese crackers into small pieces and place on a plate.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the cheese ball and roll the cheese ball in the crackers to coat.
- Serve with additional crackers and fresh vegetables.