You know those Oreo cream cheese balls that are dipped in chocolate and served at the holidays? I took those to the next level with this sweet cheese ball recipe and I know you’re going to love it!
Over the holidays, I went on a bit of a baking frenzy.
It was kind of ridiculous, to be honest.
My husband was concerned. My kids were in heaven.
I was coated in butter and flour and steadily gaining a pound a day.
One of the treats that I made during that little frenzy were those little Oreo cream cheese balls that everyone in the world has tried. Except, apparently, for my husband.
I don’t know how you can grow up in the Midwest and not encounter an Oreo cream cheese ball, but he was clueless. And, honestly, a little apprehensive about the whole situation.
He took a bite and that was it.
Everyone is smitten with those Oreo cream cheese balls!
He’s not really the type to get overly excited about food. He’s even told me that he eats to survive, not for enjoyment.
Um. Okay? We will never understand each other, but it’s working, I guess.
Anyway, he got real excited about the Oreo cream cheese balls. Like, real excited.
Pretty sure he ate the whole batch in a manner of days and requested I make them again.
The thing is, those things are kind of a pain in the butt to make.
All that rolling into tiny balls and then dipping in melted chocolate. Not my favorite thing to do.
So, I decided to go big or go home with this easy cheese ball recipe.
I took an entire package of Oreo crumbs, mixed it all up with cream cheese, and then rolled it into one large ball.
I used my Breville food processor to crush the Oreo cookies and mix in the cream cheese. That thing is amazing and makes short work of pretty much any choppy/shreddy/slicey sort of kitchen task. Here’s the one I use(affiliate link).
For this chocolate chip cheese ball recipe, use plastic wrap to make it easier to roll in a ball. Just drop the batter onto a large piece of plastic wrap and pull up the sides to shape.
You won’t have a bunch of Oreo goo stuck to your hands and that’s a win.
I let the Oreo cream cheese ball sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before rolling it all up in some white chocolate chips.
This white chocolate chip cheese ball recipe is seriously fabulous.
We served it with Nilla wafers and apple slices. Heaven.
Give this one a try at your next together and let me know how it goes over. But, no yelling at me if everyone is fighting over the cheese ball recipe. 😉
Oreo Cheese Ball
- 14 ounce package Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Nilla Wafers or graham crackers for serving
- Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender and process until you have fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and process until you have a smooth, uniform mixture.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and scoop the Oreo mixture into the center of the plastic wrap.
- Use the plastic wrap to shape the Oreo mixture into a ball.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll the Oreo ball in white chocolate chips to coat the outside.
- Serve with Nilla wafers or graham crackers.