This COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE is beyond simple with no special cake pans needed! These cheesecake bars have an Oreo crust and the creamy filling has extra crushed Oreo cookies throughout!
My husband has always been a big fan of cookies and cream ice cream and cheesecake, and I’ve always been a big fan of making him food that he loves. 😉
It’s only taken me nine years of marriage to come up with the idea of combining his favorite ice cream with his favorite dessert.
I was both pleasantly surprised and quite dismayed to realize that Oreo cheesecake is quite possibly the best dessert out there.
Pleasantly surprised because I’m normally not a fan of cookies and cream unless it’s just a plain ol’ Oreo dunked in a big glass of icy cold milk, and dismayed because I couldn’t stop sneaking into the kitchen to take just one more bite.
This cheesecake is dangerous. That’s okay though, because life is pretty boring without a bit of danger.
How to make Oreo cheesecake:
Crust: Crush 28 Oreo cookies, including the creamy filling, into crumbs. Pour the Oreo crumbs into a 9×13 pan and dump on some melted butter. Stir it around to coat the crumbs in the butter and then press the mixture into the bottom of your pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
Filling: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it’s nice and creamy. Mix in eggs one at a time. Don’t overmix the batter! Crumble the extra Oreo cookies into the batter and give it a quick stir.
Bake: Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly.
Chill: Cool on the counter for an hour and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
More delicious desserts you will love:
- Chocolate chip cheesecake bars
- Sopapilla cheesecake bars
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Chocolate and caramel millionaire shortbread
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Oreo Cookie Butter
- 1 package Oreo cookies divided
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, blender, or rolling pin, crush 28 Oreo cookies into crumbs. Pour into parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan and pour melted butter on top of cookie crumbs.
- Stir to coat all the cookie crumbs with butter and press into the pan to form the crust.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing just until blended.
- Crumble remaining Oreos with your fingers and add to cheesecake mixture. Stir together to combine and pour over cookie crust.
- Smooth the batter and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Post originally published 12/2009 it was updated with new photos in 2017.
Leave a Review