This cheese ball recipe is made with peanut butter and chocolate chips for a sweet twist on cheese balls! Such a fun snack to serve to party guests.
You might have noticed by now that I sort of like peanut butter.
I mean, it’s not an addiction or anything. I can totally stop eating it whenever I want.
I’ve never wanted to stop eating it though. In fact, I had a spoonful of peanut butter for breakfast this morning.
When I stumbled upon this little gem of a recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything, I knew that this peanut butter and chocolate chip cheese ball would soon be mine. Totally delicious.
My kids are fairly obsessed with this one and ask for it on the regular. I mean, it makes a fine after school snack or movie marathon snack. I’d even choose this over my beloved popcorn while watching a movie. It’s good, you guys.
But, cheese balls really have their moment at parties. And it’s the holiday season which means it’s party central for most of us.
If you wanted to know how to make a cheese ball, this is the one you should make. I also have a buffalo chicken cheese ball, if you’d like to try that one. Maybe serve them both? That party would be a win.
Anyway, I hope you all try this easy cheese ball recipe and let me know what you think. I have a feeling it’ll be a new favorite!
And, if you’re a peanut butter lover like me, try my peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter sheet cake!
Peanut Butter Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter not all-natural
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, apple slices, Nilla wafers, for dipping
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly to form a ball.
- Freeze for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the cheese ball is firm enough to keep its shape. Place peanut butter and chocolate chips on a plate. Remove the plastic wrap from the ball and roll it into the chocolate and peanut butter chips to completely cover, pressing them into the ball if necessary.
- Place the ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.) Serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, Nilla wafers, or apple slices for dipping or spreading.
Leave a Review