Move over, chips & salsa! This chicken enchilada dip is next level delicious, loaded with creamy cheeses, tender chicken, and all the enchilada flavors we love!
If you’ve been around here for long, you know that we love dip at Buns In My Oven!
This time around we’re combining my love of enchiladas (recommended: ground beef enchiladas) with my love of dips and we ended up with the ultimate creamy, cheesy concoction that no one can resist.
Table of Contents
Chicken Enchilada Dip Ingredients:
Base – Cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack all make for an ultra creamy dip.
Mix-In’s – Cooked chicken, sweet corn, green chiles, and chives all get mixed right in.
Sauce – Enchilada sauce and Tabasco sauce.
Seasoning – We’re mixing in cilantro, cumin, and salt to add extra flavor.
Tortilla Chips – You’re going to need something to dip and we like tortilla chips. Mini sweet peppers are also good, if you want to cut carbs.
What Readers are Saying!
“This dip is perfection especially on a Sunday! Who cares what game is on , it’s all about the food!”
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Dip:
Mix: Add all of the dairy products to a mixing bowl and beat together with an electric mixer.
Stir: Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Taste: Give this a quick taste and add extra tabasco sauce to spice things up, if you like it hot.
Bake: Spread in an 8×8 baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
About that chicken…
- You’ll want pre-cooked chicken for this recipe.
- Leftover cooked chicken is great, or grab a rotisserie chicken and shred it up.
- We always keep a bag of this crockpot shredded chicken in the freezer – it’s perfect here.
If you liked this recipe…
It’s also great as a casserole! I modified our family’s favorite chicken enchilada casserole into this dip.
And if you want to get really creative with your enchilada recipes, you might be interested in this homemade enchilada sauce. It’s a low carb recipe but it tastes amazing!
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES!
Making this dip for the big game? We have loads of football fan favorites here. Try these buffalo chicken sliders, this buffalo chicken pizza, or some grape jelly meatballs! Cold veggie pizza is another fan fav!
We love salty and spicy snacks for game day, but you can’t forget the sweets. Check out this game day dessert board! It’s loaded with treats.
And if you are looking exclusively for dip recipes, we have a lot of them! You can find all of our dip recipes here!
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked diced or shredded chicken
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Monterey jack cheese to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Stir in the chicken, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce, chives, cilantro, Tabasco, salt, and cumin until well combined.
- Taste and add more Tabasco if desired.
- Spread dip into an 8×8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.