This Chicken Fajita Pasta is a simple skillet dinner made with tender chunks of seasoned chicken, plenty of veggies, and cheesy pasta.
Y’all know how I feel about Mexican food, right? I mean, it’s been well documented. I make fried tacos as often as possible. My carnitas are requested anytime someone is coming to dinner. This King Ranch casserole is a favorite comfort food. We’re obsessed with this crockpot Mexican chicken.
All favorites in our house, right alongside our chicken fajita pasta!
Chunks of juicy chicken, plenty of tender crisp veggies, all the pasta you could want, and cheeeeeese, because cheese.
Chicken Fajita Pasta Ingredients:
Pasta – We used farfalle but any small shaped pasta will work!
Chicken Breasts – Thighs would also work well.
Bell Peppers – Any color will work.
Oil – Coconut oil, olive oil, or butter are perfect.
Fajita Seasoning – Make your own or used the packaged kind.
Salsa – Either from a jar or make your own! Try my restaurant style salsa.
Cheddar – You can use the pre-shredded kind, or even better, shred your own!
What Readers are Saying!
“Mexican food and pasta – my loves coming together in one dish! Oh and cheese of course. Love it!”
How To Make Chicken Fajita Pasta:
Pasta: We’ll start this chicken fajita pasta recipe with some bow tie pasta, or whatever small shaped variety you prefer! Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, you can start dicing up the chicken, peppers, and onions into bite-sized pieces.
Skillet: Heat up a skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil or your preferred oil and let it coat the pan before adding the diced chicken and sprinkling the fajita seasoning over it.
Stir it often and make sure the seasoning coats all the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink and is safe to eat. For now remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. We’ll move on to the veggies!
Add the peppers and onions with some more oil and cook until they are tender-crisp, about five minutes depending on the heat.
Tip: If you have any fajita seasoning left, you can try sprinkling some on the peppers and onions as they cook if you want to get extra fajita flavor!
Combine: When the peppers and onions are finished you can return the chicken to the skillet and add in the cooked pasta, sour cream, salsa, and cheddar cheese!
Stir it well until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are evenly distributed. Finally, you can garnish it with some cilantro and serve!
MORE FAJITA RECIPES!
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Burritos
MORE PASTA RECIPES!
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound farfalle pasta or any small shape
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium bell peppers any color
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While cooking pasta, dice the chicken, peppers, and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add the chicken to skillet and sprinkle with the fajita seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet and heat. Add peppers and onions to skillet and cook until tender-crisp, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add in the cooked pasta, sour cream, salsa, and cheese and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Leave a Review