So, we all know that basically my entire goal in life is to fit as many tacos and as much guacamole and salsa in my day as possible, right?
If I don’t have Mexican for at least one of the three meals, things, as my daughter likes to say, get ugly.
I need my spicy flavors and they are never better than first thing in the morning! You drink coffee to wake you up, I slather my food in salsa and guac.
Y’all have probably noticed that I’ve been working with Davidson’s Saftest Choice Eggs over the past year to bring you recipes using their fabulous pasteurized eggs. Remember the cookie dough pudding pops? And the egg nog french toast? What about the snack mix cookies? Basically, I’ve been using eggs in all kinds of delicious ways, but I never shared with you an egg recipe featuring eggs in all of their simple scrambled glory.
I love scrambled eggs. I especially love scrambled eggs that have been mixed with chicken, bell peppers, and onions, layered in a tortilla spread with guacamole, rolled up tight, and served with a side of salsa. Breakfast nirvana, you guys.
Now, if you’re wondering what’s so special about Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, let me remind you! Basically, the name says it all…they’re the safest choice egg you can buy! The eggs are gently pasteurized in an all-natural water bath to eliminate the risk of salmonella. You’re free to eat these eggs raw if you want, which means that you are free to gorge on cookie dough this holiday season.
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Burritos
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5 6- inch soft flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- Salsa for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- While the skillet is heating and the butter is melting, chop the chicken into small pieces. Sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Add to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Dice the bell pepper and onion. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet and add the pepper and onion. Cook over high heat until softened with blackened bits on the peppers. Remove from the heat and add to the chicken.
- Wipe the skillet clean and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add to the skillet and cook the eggs, stirring often, until cooked through. Salt and pepper eggs, if desired. Add to the chicken and peppers.
- Heat the tortillas in a small skillet until warm and pliable. Spread each tortilla with a bit of the guacamole.
- Top with the chicken, vegetable, and egg mixture. Roll tortillas tightly closed.
- Serve with salsa.
Leave a Review