It turns out that my parents read my blog. Which is totally cool! It’s not like I’m blogging about that one time I picked up a hitchiker or stole day of the week underwear from the store, but it does mean that they now have written proof that I borrowed their panini grill and plan to keep it forever. Darn it.
Before they demand it back I thought I would go ahead and whip up another panini. This was a totally last minute breakfast that was super simple to prepare and totally filling.
I scrambled my egg and fried a hard egg for my husband. I always bake a pound of bacon each week and then keep it in a baggie in the fridge for easy grabbing, so that really cut down on the time to make these! You could also use sausage patties or a slice of ham. I grated two yukon gold potatoes in my food processor and then fried those up into yummy hashbrowns. Pile all of that on some thinly sliced sourdough bread with a big helping of sharp cheddar cheese, pop it on the panini grill, and you’ve got breakfast.
This was so simple and so tasty!
Breakfast Paninis for Two
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs scrambled or fried
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 2 yukon gold potatoes shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Butter the bread and set aside.
- Turn on the panini grill to preheat.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle the olive oil. Arrange hashbrowns in a single layer and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned on bottom. Flip the hashbrowns over and continue cooking until browned and cooked through.
- Cook eggs according to your preference.
- Layer the cheese, eggs, meat, and hashbrowns on one slice of bread. Sprinkle on a bit more cheese on top. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
- Grill on panini grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden brown.
Leave a Review